View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:30 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ] 
 I hope the Jump Bug is done away with in the sims 3 
Custom Title
Custom Title

Post I hope the Jump Bug is done away with in the sims 3
This is one of the most aggrevating bugs I have ever experienced in the sims 2.I hope since the sims 3 is a different game engine this won't occur.

Last edited by sharkloverplayer on Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:23 am
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Location: Behind your curtains, lurking in every shadow, and under your bed.. I'm everywhere.
Post Re: I hope the Jump Bug is done away with in the sims 3
What's a jump bug?

Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:32 am
Profile YIM
Custom Title
Custom Title

When you tell your sim to do something and they don't do it.In other words you cue them to go sit on the sofa.They don't do it and the cue times out and drops off.This can happen with anything you tell sims to do.Sometimes you have to tell them more then once and on rare occasions all interactions can be affected by the jump bug.You then have to delete your sim.When they walk back into their house or apartment the bug is gone.

Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:47 am
I'm a Stereo
I'm a Stereo

Name: Joe
That happened loads in my game. They just ignore me for ages :shakefist:

Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:40 am
Profile WWW
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

This happens every time my male sim in my legacy family tries to sit down and eat something from a platter. So he lives on energy drinks :laugh:

Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:31 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Sometimes is a conflict of interests ie. if you have fee will and you tell your sims to do something just as they decide to do something it tends to cancel both out. Other istances are where the particular object you are trying to interact with stuffs up.

Other than that i've never had this issue.

Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:59 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: Julia
Same as mitchmacca92. The only times I've experienced this is with the situtations that were mentioned, and if I tell a sim who isn't neat to go clean something, then leave them to tend to another sim and go back to them I notice that they usually cancel the interaction and have gone to play. It's frustrating sometimes, but funny too. :smile:

From what I understand this kind of thing will happen more strongly in TS3 since they'll have more control over themselves than TS2 sims do when free will is on.

Revol (Asmodian chanter, Siel)
Elona (Asmodian cleric, Siel)
Dyna (Elyos chanter, Vaizel)

World of Warcraft: Arathor US (Alliance)
Jujùbe (Druid, lvl 20)
Amelthea (Warlock, lvl 63)
Nonii (Paladin, lvl 20)

Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:24 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Name: Emmy
My sims do it whenever there's a fire. They'll run to it and when I cancel the action they continue as normal but I can't get them to go back outside, I've never had a sim die but came close, teleport actually came in handy.

I Image Brianne, Simaholic, Shadowsim & Ayo

Proud member of the I Don't Have Sims 3 (Yet) Club! Put this on your sig if you are too! >=D

Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:00 am
Roomie
Roomie

Yeah this happens every time I have a burglar. Drives me nuts! Especially when their stealing things outside and I have to get my sim up to call the police and they wont!

Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:01 am
Laser Jesus
Laser Jesus

Name: Josh
Roleplay: Carla McGee
Ah, the jump bug. Only ever happend once in TS2. My sim would not eat the food! He later died.

Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:34 am
Profile WWW
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
I get this sometimes. A couple times my sims just would have the interaction in cue but never did it. Usually i would have cancle it, and Force Error them (WHICH IS A PAIN!) :shakefist:

Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:46 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

There some of my sims have that bug and I do not know how to fix it. Everytime I ask him to interact with someone else, it's always jump. How to fix it?

I hope TS3 far better to handle the corrupted files and other error things. The multiple save game is a great feature, I hope it will not consuming too much space on my HDD.

I hope there's also better feature too handle the error. Rather than exiting the game, it has feature like bypassing the error and continue to play. Or resetting error or corrupt sims and lots, so it will work normal again.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:37 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Celebriton wrote:
There some of my sims have that bug and I do not know how to fix it. Everytime I ask him to interact with someone else, it's always jump. How to fix it?

I hope TS3 far better to handle the corrupted files and other error things. The multiple save game is a great feature, I hope it will not consuming too much space on my HDD.

I hope there's also better feature too handle the error. Rather than exiting the game, it has feature like bypassing the error and continue to play. Or resetting error or corrupt sims and lots, so it will work normal again.

With the interaction thing you force error and delete the sim.They will walk back thru the house if they live there.That fixed my problem.I had an engaged couple who couldn't do romantic interactions anymore when standing up so I deleted one and he walked right back thru the door.He could then kiss his girlfriend again and she could him too.Resetting doesn't work when this happens you have to delete the sim.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:02 pm
Roomie
Roomie

I think that it wont be a bug but in the sims 3 it says how absent minded sim will forget what their doing and space of in such so I think that if a sim has that trait they might be walking to the library and instead stop at the park and go fishing because they got distracted. Or other things like that.

Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:50 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: Colin
sharkloverplayer wrote:
When you tell your sim to do something and they don't do it.In other words you cue them to go sit on the sofa.They don't do it and the cue times out and drops off.This can happen with anything you tell sims to do.Sometimes you have to tell them more then once and on rare occasions all interactions can be affected by the jump bug.You then have to delete your sim.When they walk back into their house or apartment the bug is gone.

Not trying to be rude, but please put spaces after your periods. After periods you should be putting two spaces. Right now your post is sort of hard to read.

Ayo, Josh, Maddie, and Erry are my Snooty best friends!

Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:49 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

sharkloverplayer wrote:
With the interaction thing you force error and delete the sim.They will walk back thru the house if they live there.That fixed my problem.I had an engaged couple who couldn't do romantic interactions anymore when standing up so I deleted one and he walked right back thru the door.He could then kiss his girlfriend again and she could him too.Resetting doesn't work when this happens you have to delete the sim.

Thanks. I try it later. How about a corrupt lot? Does someone know how to fix it? Sorry to post here.

The more you love the family, the more you play, the bigger risk that lot will be corrupt.

The good news is there's a multiple save in The Sims 3, as long as it not consume so much space. But I still hope there's a reset button for error sims or lot, to automatically reset.

Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:28 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Celebriton wrote:
sharkloverplayer wrote:

Thanks. I try it later. How about a corrupt lot? Does someone know how to fix it? Sorry to post here.

The more you love the family, the more you play, the bigger risk that lot will be corrupt.

The good news is there's a multiple save in The Sims 3, as long as it not consume so much space. But I still hope there's a reset button for error sims or lot, to automatically reset.

What do you mean by "corrupt lot"? I had a similar problem "...the more you play, the bigger risk that lot will be corrupt." Except in my case, it usually happens when I have too many objects/decorations/sims living in the house....and the game would slow down or freeze :cry:

Origin ID: MJSimKat_14
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MJSimKat

Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:17 am
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

This jump bug has never happened to me? I sound like the very rare exception :grin:

Please support my fansite!
I would love to win!
http://www.sims3fan.com.au/?valennealv

Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:24 am
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

The jump bug in TS2 was super annoying. :shakefist: I wouldn't mind sims ignoring me every now and then in TS3 though, because it seems to be more on purpose instead of being caused by an error. Plus, we will be able to adjust free will.

Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:05 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 19 posts ]