View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Expansion 4 possible release date 
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Hunter
Post Expansion 4 possible release date
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/sims ... lease.html BELOW is a Quote from the link, i cant turn it into an actual quote because my keyboard goes boarderline retarded when im on snooty lately. :/ Sorry.

Source: Simprograms, nothing is official:
Quote:
"It appears that someone has scanned Walmart’s videogame list of upcoming release dates and posted them on the internet. A number of EA games are included. We have both DarkSpore and The Sims 3 Outdoor Living Stuff arriving February 1, 2011. The Sims 3 for the Nintendo 3DS and The Sims Medieval on March 22, 2011. Last we have The Sims 3 Expansion Pack 4 slated for May 10. No other details were given, just the estimated date of arrival. Take it for what it is worth (pretty much nothing), but we know a fourth expansion is coming, and that’s about the right time for it."

Anyways I hope for a weather/seasons expansion pack.

What do you think ?"

Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:05 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Post Re: EP 4 possible release Outdoor living release, medievel D
Yes, Seasons, please. I'm sick of waiting for this feature, which really is so essential that it should have been in the base-game. (Yes, EA likes money. I know that. I know that it wasn't ever going to be in the base-game, I'm just saying that, in reality, it is that important of a feature.)

Plus, I'm waiting to see whether they're actually going to revolutionize it, or if it's just going to be a rehash of The Sims 2 Seasons.

Gosh, I hope this EP gets leaked really soon... In fact, if it's really coming out in May it really should be announced really soon. It's such a shame that this didn't leak it once and for all.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:00 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
Post Re: EP 4 possible release Outdoor living release, medievel D
AWESOME! The day after my birthday! I hope this new EP is worth while! I'll buy it the day it comes out!

Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:29 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Charlie
Post Re: Expansion 4 possible release date
awh man - PLEASE be pets or seasons... stop giving us crap Eps EA...

Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:13 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Charlie wrote:

Late Night isn't CRAP! :D

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:10 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Hunter
Swatme101 wrote:
Charlie wrote:

yes it really is.

Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:55 am
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Name: Erhama
Roleplay: Roxlar Trein
hunter wrote:
Swatme101 wrote:
Charlie wrote:

yes it really is.

What he said.

Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:59 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Late Night is (in my opinion) far superior in quality to the other two Expansion Packs. I love the environment in the city, I love the nightclubs, the lights, the sounds, and the music. I agree there could have been better features but I give it a good 9/10.

"Like" us on Facebook to know when we're filming - http://www.facebook.com/CleverBoxPictures

Follow us on Twitter whilst you're at it - http://www.twitter.com/CleverBoxPics

Visit the Official Website - http://cleverboxpics.webs.com

SUBSCRIBE to us on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/CleverboxPictures

Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:49 pm
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

jonny159 wrote:
Late Night is (in my opinion) far superior in quality to the other two Expansion Packs. I love the environment in the city, I love the nightclubs, the lights, the sounds, and the music. I agree there could have been better features but I give it a good 9/10.

The features are great, don't get me wrong but it was all half-assed. Look at the apartments, sure you can make one without a shell but they expect you to make one within the shell a.k.a no creativity. Also the apartments are homes with hidden rooms and skipped floors and the original EA camera is HORRIBLE when in the apartments, which is why modders have to clean up the mess that EA left. As well as all that, the clubs are dead, the vampires are horrible (Pale olive green skin? Since when?) and they are supposed to live forever, not 100 or so days in one part. They don't even grow grey hairs in real fiction. EA screwed it up.

Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:17 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

I can't say those problems have effected me. It is tricky territory with the vampires, as there are so many different incarnations of them in TV, film, and books. EA did say that their version of the vampire was not influenced by Twilight, but it obviously was to some degree as they look very similar as they can run extremely fast and can go out in sunlight. I would have liked to see a more Buffy/Dracula vampire so they cannot go out in the sun or else they burn and turn to dust. One detail they did skip out on with the vampires though, is their reflection in the mirror.

"Like" us on Facebook to know when we're filming - http://www.facebook.com/CleverBoxPictures

Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:44 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Tərra wrote:
The features are great, don't get me wrong but it was all half-assed. Look at the apartments, sure you can make one without a shell but they expect you to make one within the shell a.k.a no creativity. Also the apartments are homes with hidden rooms and skipped floors and the original EA camera is HORRIBLE when in the apartments, which is why modders have to clean up the mess that EA left.

? Maybe I'm misunderstanding something here but you said that you can make apartments without a shell but EA expects you to make one with a shell? Isn't that putting words into EA's mouth? Because I have made a dozen apartments, duplexes, and penthouses (with or without shells) and I don't think it has affected my creativity at all in comparison to making apartments in TS2. The only thing that the shells has done to affect my gameplay is make me consider what I want my neighbourhood to look like from the map view.

The camera is horrible. You really can't hide that fact. It's usually pretty messy when you have lots of other buildings around such as other shell skyscrapers. It is a big issue and I hope that one day that moderators (or EA) can get that fixed.

Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:04 pm
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Scryer wrote:
Tərra wrote:
The features are great, don't get me wrong but it was all half-assed. Look at the apartments, sure you can make one without a shell but they expect you to make one within the shell a.k.a no creativity. Also the apartments are homes with hidden rooms and skipped floors.

? Maybe I'm misunderstanding something here but you said that you can make apartments without a shell but EA expects you to make one with a shell? Isn't that putting words into EA's mouth? Because I have made a dozen apartments, duplexes, and penthouses (with or without shells) and I don't think it has affected my creativity at all in comparison to making apartments in TS2. The only thing that the shells has done to affect my gameplay is make me consider what I want my neighbourhood to look like from the map view.

Then why did they make the shells if originally they wanted you to make a normal apartment complex with your own work?

Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:16 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Custom Title
Custom Title

Tərra wrote:
Scryer wrote:
Tərra wrote:
The features are great, don't get me wrong but it was all half-assed. Look at the apartments, sure you can make one without a shell but they expect you to make one within the shell a.k.a no creativity. Also the apartments are homes with hidden rooms and skipped floors.

Then why did they make the shells if originally they wanted you to make a normal apartment complex with your own work?

I think the shells make it easier. Otherwise, you have to go and build everything from scratch, and blank out all the rooms and floors not avalible. Am I correct?

Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:16 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

I just gonna scoot on in here and say that I have got bored of each and every EP so far within the day i have got it, and not really picked it up again.... with ts2, i'd play it for about a month non stop.

Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:27 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Charlie wrote:
I just gonna scoot on in here and say that I have got bored of each and every EP so far within the day i have got it, and not really picked it up again.... with ts2, i'd play it for about a month non stop.

What he said.

Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:30 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

I'm loving this 'what he said' thing thats going on in this thread.. haha.

Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:59 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Charlie wrote:

I must be easily impressed or somthing :O I am still playing Bridgeport.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:15 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Well, you know what they say... small things amuse small minds XD

Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:51 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Swatme101 wrote:
Charlie wrote:

Me too. Bridgeport is my fave neighbourhood so far. And Late night is my fave expansion pack. It's Win Win

Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:46 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Nancy wrote:
Swatme101 wrote:
Charlie wrote:

Me too. Bridgeport is my fave neighbourhood so far. And Late night is my fave expansion pack. It's Win Win

I completely agree. I guess everyone has different tastes :)

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next