View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 45 Sims, One Lot 
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Post 45 Sims, One Lot
Is it possible to have 45 Sims living on one lot as NPCs?

Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:57 am
Friendly Neighbour
Friendly Neighbour

Name: Hollie
Post Re: 45 Sims, One Lot
Unfortunatly, this isn't possible, as in previous games, the maximum number of Sims in a lot is 8. :cry:
And in the Sims 3, Due to story progression, the game will keep the numbers of Sims in the lots at the Maximum of 8.
I agree though, that it would be great to have more.
:grin:

hahahahaha.. IDIOT.

Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:50 am
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Name: Erhama
Roleplay: Roxlar Trein
It isn't impossible actually, it's possible with the AwesomeMod, but you need to have 6 lots empty and choose which lot you want to merge them all into.

1) Create them in CAS, will have 5 households, 4 that have 8 sims in each and 1 that will hold 5 sims.
2) Place them in the six lots, 4 will hold 8 each, 1 will hold the last 5.
3) Choose the one lot you want to merge them into.
4) Type 'testingcheatsenabled true' into the cheat console which is brought up with 'ctrl+shift+c'
5) Shift+click each sim you want to add and click 'Add to Current Household' or whatever matches it.
6) If you need to change to a certain sim, right click on them or use the space key to get to that sim, as the bar to the left that holds the sims' portraits will only hold 8 per household.
7) You're done.

:smile:

Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:58 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

But how do you make them NPCs though?

Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:06 pm
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

With this. :smile:

Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:31 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: Elizabeth
Well, if you just want a lot people there at once, couldn't you testingcheatsenabled true, go to the mailbox to make everyone your friend, and then have an uber huge party, and invite people over besides? I dunno.

They also probably secretly love Sims.

Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:40 pm
Friendly Neighbour
Friendly Neighbour

But TBH, is there much point in using cheats to create things you want? Even though cheats were created, the game was not designed to be played with them. Your imagination should think up ways of getting around hazards instead of cheating. And also, using websites to create ways of cheating is hazardous, as the cheats you use COULD mess up your game, possibly making even worse problems. But that's just my opinion. :shrug: :grin:
H'

hahahahaha.. IDIOT.

Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:56 pm
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

H' wrote:
But TBH, is there much point in using cheats to create things you want? Even though cheats were created, the game was not designed to be played with them. Your imagination should think up ways of getting around hazards instead of cheating. And also, using websites to create ways of cheating is hazardous, as the cheats you use COULD mess up your game, possibly making even worse problems. But that's just my opinion. :shrug: :grin:
H'

The cheats wouldn't be in the game if they were deemed hazardous. The worst that could happen is your game could crash, not a HUGE problem..

Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:49 am
Friendly Neighbour
Friendly Neighbour

valennelav wrote:
H' wrote:
H'

The cheats wouldn't be in the game if they were deemed hazardous. The worst that could happen is your game could crash, not a HUGE problem..

But still, who would want their game to keep crashing, especially at the expense of losing saved games etc. It's really not worth all the hassle. Even if the game only crashes once, this could still be at the expense of saved games and/or the damage of the machine being used. Then, after experiencing these problems, the Sims Team may get bombarded with angry/upset players saying that their game keeps crashing. It's worthless.

hahahahaha.. IDIOT.

Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:11 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

H' wrote:
valennelav wrote:
H' wrote:
H'

But still, who would want their game to keep crashing, especially at the expense of losing saved games etc. It's really not worth all the hassle. Even if the game only crashes once, this could still be at the expense of saved games and/or the damage of the machine being used. Then, after experiencing these problems, the Sims Team may get bombarded with angry/upset players saying that their game keeps crashing. It's worthless.

Cheats were developed to work in the game by the game designers. They would not include a cheat that would destroy the game or make it crash. The ONE cheat that was making some people's games unstable (which happened to be the cheat that allowed you to have more than the maximum sims in one household) was removed from the game in one of the patches. The game developers even encourage players to use cheats in some cases, so no, the will not harm or even crash your game for that matter. That is as long as you don't have a dinosaur of a crappy computer.

I could be wrong, but I'm getting the vibe that you're one of the people who is totally against cheats because you think cheating is wrong/immoral/etc. If that's the case then there's no need to criticise cheats because they really help a lot of players improve their game and build much better or detailed houses, sims, etc.

Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:23 pm
Friendly Neighbour
Friendly Neighbour

Little-V wrote:
I could be wrong, but I'm getting the vibe that you're one of the people who is totally against cheats because you think cheating is wrong/immoral/etc. If that's the case then there's no need to criticise cheats because they really help a lot of players improve their game and build much better or detailed houses, sims, etc.

:laugh: No, no. I have no problems with cheats at all. There's no reason why I would have. I'm just trying to explain that some players use cheats that are NOT recommended by the the Team, and therefore mess up their game. Once this happens, they start bugging the Team that their game is crashing or not loading and will start blaming it on the games, not on their own mistakes.
I really don't think it's nessasary to argue over this point though. I'm just making my own opinion which I think everyone is entitled to.

hahahahaha.. IDIOT.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:51 pm
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

The only cheat that could possibly borken your game is TCE, other than that, it's game-physical harm.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:25 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Wonderstruck
Wonderstruck

Name: Ben
H' wrote:
Little-V wrote:

:laugh: No, no. I have no problems with cheats at all. There's no reason why I would have. I'm just trying to explain that some players use cheats that are NOT recommended by the the Team, and therefore mess up their game. Once this happens, they start bugging the Team that their game is crashing or not loading and will start blaming it on the games, not on their own mistakes.

But there are no ingame cheats that do that, TCE could have done it in TS2 but EA vanilla-ised it. The worst you can do is delete an object, you can't even force errors. If you want some real game breaking stuff, you have to get AwesomeMod and turn on the real developer cheats, they're game breaking. Therefore, providing you didn't use the speshul hidden cheats, you're game has no reason to crash (well, if you didn't have CC as well).

Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:30 pm
Profile WWW
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

H' wrote:
Little-V wrote:

I really don't think it's nessasary to argue over this point though. I'm just making my own opinion which I think everyone is entitled to.

Ah I see, you'd be surprised how many people are against cheats though. They would actually tell you you're a bad person if you use cheats in a game because to them cheating in a game is no less worse than cheating in real life :faint:

The cheats you are talking about though are not the one's that are already added to the game by the game developers, but instead game "mods" or "hacks" that are made by people trying to alter the way the game plays. Those can harm the game.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:00 pm
Roomie
Roomie

Name: Aron
Tərra wrote:
It isn't impossible actually, it's possible with the AwesomeMod, but you need to have 6 lots empty and choose which lot you want to merge them all into.

1) Create them in CAS, will have 5 households, 4 that have 8 sims in each and 1 that will hold 5 sims.
2) Place them in the six lots, 4 will hold 8 each, 1 will hold the last 5.
3) Choose the one lot you want to merge them into.
4) Type 'testingcheatsenabled true' into the cheat console which is brought up with 'ctrl+shift+c'
5) Shift+click each sim you want to add and click 'Add to Current Household' or whatever matches it.
6) If you need to change to a certain sim, right click on them or use the space key to get to that sim, as the bar to the left that holds the sims' portraits will only hold 8 per household.
7) You're done.

Is it possible without AwesomeMod? I'm to scared to use mods... .-.

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:53 pm
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

No, without mods it isn't possible.

And don't bump an almost-year-old thread. Create a new one.

Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:34 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]