View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Having some trouble deciding, halp? 
Simmer
Simmer

Post Having some trouble deciding, halp?
I haven't played TS3 since I switched computers, lost my WA code and had a crazy e-mail argument with EA about retrieving said code when they claimed that for some reason they had two copies of the base game in their registration records, and said the only way I could get my info back was to send them a ten-dollar money order and the upc from the box. I haven't gotten to play Ambitions or the Late Night EP yet let alone re-install the EP whose code I'm missing so I haven't bothered playing even the base game in several months. My two friends have gotten me craving to play again very badly because they both have it, but I got turned off because they both said that in Late Night, you can't have a Sim from your town go to the city and do all the Late Night stuff like meet vampires and go clubbing. I asked the one if it was worth buying, and she admitted that it really wasn't but it was still 'fun', but that TS2 was still way more awesome. When I asked her what the point of her playing was, all she did was shrug and say "Traits?". So now I really just wanna go back and play TS2 again, but what really does get me is the traits system. I miss the crap-load of sims I've made, going to different towns, designing specific buildings and such, but I've gotten so use to the traits! Sometimes I wish that TS2 had mods to make it like TS3. So I'm torn between playing the two, any advice?

Pancakes. Pancakes!
No pancakes.
PANCAKES!
No pancakes!

PAnCAkeS!!!

Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:59 pm
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Name: Erhama
Roleplay: Roxlar Trein
Post Re: Having some trouble deciding, halp?
Sims 2 because of the following reasons:
1) Originally created by Maxis and Will Wright, not EA, Grant Rodiek, and Ben Bell.
2) Has a better graphical style; eg. the sky is blue, not purple.
3) Trees look way more realistic, the ones in Sims 3 look like 2D-images made 3D... and there's not much variety when it comes to leaves besides tropical and rounded.
4) Ultra customization, it's not limited like in Sims 3. Sure CASt was a great addition but it meant you needed to work more to do things.
5) Can have over 5 floors, there's not even a cheat which enables you to build over 5 floors in Sims 3
6) True boolprop exists in TS2, EA took away boolprop from Sims 3 and hid it away... pricks.
7) Lots of CC and still people are making CC. Unlike Sims 3 where there's barely any and if there is it looks so out of place in the game.
8) EPs aren't 3.5GBs, they're 1GB. Basegame isn't 6.5GBs, it's 2GBs.
9) Sims look more realistic because they don't have that vague clay-ish look and those awful fiveheads.
10) It's just a better game. (:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:13 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Simmer
Simmer

Now I'm thinking that I should re-install both, heh...

Pancakes. Pancakes!
No pancakes.
PANCAKES!
No pancakes!

PAnCAkeS!!!

Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:12 am
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

Name: Jack
I'm fed up with TS3, so started back on TS2. Good God it is so much better! The only thing I really miss is the open neighbourhood. In TS3 I'd send them wandering around the town. Now they stay at home and be hermits.

Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:24 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
Personally, I can never go back to TS2, because of the loading times. I've upgraded my comp for TS3, and TS2 STILL doesn't load any faster. TS3 loads in about 2 minutes tops (and that's all the way to the household. I shall test this theory soon.) The Sims 2 is just so house oriented. I love building houses in TS2. But playing them isn't that fun. There's just so much missing in TS2 now that I've played TS3. If it weren't for the never ending loading times, I MAY try TS2 again. But at this point there's no turning back. I'm populating a new World, and almost into 3rd Generation. TS3 just runs beautifully comapred to how TS2 runs on my PC. I can do away with smoother animations, trees, and animated hair, to have ALL that animation running around the sandbox of a neighborhood. I'm totally fine with it.

Plus there's AwesomeMod. You may argue that TSoLD and boolProp combined added up to it, but theres no way.

Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:40 pm
I'm a Stereo
I'm a Stereo

Name: Joe
I probably couldn't go back to The Sims 2 because of 3's faster loading times, the neighborhood and such like. The biggest criticism that would make me go back to 2 is the amount of problems I have to put up with. I played for two hours today and I hit hundreds of glitches, one being that some sim has an inhumanly black body and an invisible face.

Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:48 pm
Profile WWW
Adrenergic
Adrenergic

Name: Kristin
I always go back and forth between the two myself. But I end up playing TS2 longer. It's just a better game imo. :P

John: I call shotgun.
Cameron: I call nine millimeter.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:53 am
Profile WWW
Wonderstruck
Wonderstruck

Name: Ben
I'm pretty much the same as Kristin, I get the occasional urge to go on TS3, but there's just something in TS2 which captivates me and holds me longer. I think it's probably the lack of me frustratingly looking at the screen begging my sim to move, something that happens all too often in TS3 for me as the routing sucks like hell, TS2, everything is smooth and fun and yeah. :P

Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:47 am
Profile WWW
Simmer
Simmer

I decided to reinstall the sims 2 to play that for a while ^ ^ but the game keeps crashing after about a few minutes, it's weird... I have up to mansion&garden stuff now :P

Pancakes. Pancakes!
No pancakes.
PANCAKES!
No pancakes!

PAnCAkeS!!!

Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:17 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

I can easily go back and play The Sims 2 now, although I miss the open neighbourhood. There is something about TS2 that has a place in my heart, whereas TS3 doesn't. I think TS3 is an amazing game, but I just like the fact everything runs like clockwork in TS2. My favourite aspect of the game is household micro-management, which is something I thought EA would improve upon in TS3, but didn't. I think that the gameplay inside the house on TS2 sometimes out weighs the open town on TS3.

Also, the animations are smoother, there are less pathing issues, and Sims seemed natural. For example, Sims look at each other when they walk past, they react to their surroundings. Basically, TS2 has far better AI which is down to the fact that TS3 has too much going on for any complex AI to be added.

TS3 has a very good load time, I can start up the game and be in my household in less than a couple of minutes, whereas TS2 would take around 5.

Obviously, the 8 Expansion Packs helps with content and features, but in my opinion, the EPs started decreasing in quality at about Pets, and that is because it was the first game to have Maxis removed from the introduction.

Ultimately, I think the reason why so many of us can go and play TS2 again is because we know that Maxis created it, back in a time when The Sims meant something to them.

"Like" us on Facebook to know when we're filming - http://www.facebook.com/CleverBoxPictures

Follow us on Twitter whilst you're at it - http://www.twitter.com/CleverBoxPics

Visit the Official Website - http://cleverboxpics.webs.com

SUBSCRIBE to us on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/CleverboxPictures

Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]