View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 The Sims 3 Seasons... Coming November 13th, 2012! 
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Name: Erhama
Roleplay: Roxlar Trein
Post Re: The Sims 3 Seasons... Coming November 16th, 2012?
AMGIQ wrote:
Offtopic: I feel like EA was really rushing to get TS3 over with.

Yes, this is because The Sims 3 is the flop game of its series, the expansions were random in the beginning but then near the end, they're finally giving us what we want because they like to milk the cash out of the series, making us buy every expansion in hopes of a newer better expansion, until the next one turns out to be as bad as the earlier one, and don't forget that after THREE! years, they have still not gotten rid of all the glitches, I remember with Sims 2, all it took is one simple patch per EP, SPs didn't even have glitches! Yet already, we're at 30-something on JUST the basegame, while yes they use them to add additional features, the amount of bugs that are listed within the "changelog" is not lessening and especially not going away.

They want to get rid of this twisted creature as soon as possible, but with the optimum amount of cash being made at the same time, so they plot terrible EPs in the beginning, tricking us to a fun game, then later they finally give most simmers what they want in the last 2 EPs (don't tell me Showtime is a 100% remake of Superstar, because Superstar was ultimately better in every single way). That's it.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:11 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

I doubt Seasons will be the final expansion to Sims 3. I guess it could be, but if it's out in November and it's the final expansion, I believe we'd have heard some more rumors about the release date of Sims 4 before now. That said... it could be the next-to-last, or maybe there will be a couple more. I wouldn't expect Sims 4 to be out before at least next fall, and probably closer to the holiday season--and that's if they don't keep milking Sims 3 for all that it's worth.

I'm actually hoping that there will be at least 6 months between the final Sims 3 expansion and the release of Sims 4. Preferably a year. I think as much as I've spent on Sims 3, I would like some time to play it with all expansions installed.

But in general? It's true that the quality of expansions just hasn't reached that of Sims 2. I would argue that Sims 3 Pets is much better than Sims 2 Pets, but besides that, the open neighborhood really hasn't added much to the experience except, well, glitches.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:31 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Quote:
Yes, this is because The Sims 3 is the flop game of its series, the expansions were random in the beginning but then near the end, they're finally giving us what we want because they like to milk the cash out of the series, making us buy every expansion in hopes of a newer better expansion, until the next one turns out to be as bad as the earlier one, and don't forget that after THREE! years, they have still not gotten rid of all the glitches, I remember with Sims 2, all it took is one simple patch per EP, SPs didn't even have glitches! Yet already, we're at 30-something on JUST the basegame, while yes they use them to add additional features, the amount of bugs that are listed within the "changelog" is not lessening and especially not going away.

They want to get rid of this twisted creature as soon as possible, but with the optimum amount of cash being made at the same time, so they plot terrible EPs in the beginning, tricking us to a fun game, then later they finally give most simmers what they want in the last 2 EPs (don't tell me Showtime is a 100% remake of Superstar, because Superstar was ultimately better in every single way). That's it.

hmm, that does make a lot of sense, i have run into many glitches, and also the graphics have always been a problem for me. Like i said before, i havnt even been able to play the game with decent graphics since i bought it back in 09. and since then ive had three different computers. none of which were brand new, but they all have had better specs than the one before. the Rendering is something that really annoys me from TS3. i feel like i wait forever for lots, and objects to load.. i hope that when i finaly do get a decent computer to play The Sims 3, I wont need to have to buy another one with even better specs, for TS4. and as for the current EPs for TS3 i cant even say much about them since i only currently have WA, AM, and LN. i do however really enjoy those EPs. but showtime does looks crappy, and the katy perry SP, looks awful.

Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:23 am
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

Name: Jack
More and more websites are listing it, under the same title, for the same date...
At this point it's as confirmed as it's ever going to be until EA announces it. This is super weird. :con:

Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:10 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

weird, but awesome!

Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:49 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: La
I was very skeptical of this before... I couldn't imagine EA releasing the next EP just a couple of months after Supernatural. But then I realized that Supernatural seems like it might be along the same lines as Generations in that it won't really add a big, new feature to the game, so maybe it is reasonable to think that Seasons could come out so quickly after it. I won't believe it until EA confirms it... but it's nice to hope that I will get another new EP this year since I doubt I will buy Supernatural.

Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:57 pm
Profile WWW
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: Mathias
2 more listings and the release date is still November :happy: :dance:

http://simsvip.com/?p=12382

Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:17 am
Profile WWW
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

I'm ready for Seasons and I'm also ready for the Sims 4. I think they realize that they sort of painted themselves into a corner with The Sims 3, loads of players wanted College and the addition of the opportunity system which in my opinion and from observations around the community, isn't even utilized by players. It was better to keep the Want/Fear system and re-hash Sims 2 including the college stints. They slightly paved over one of everyone's favorite features, besides pets and seasons, the college experience and the number of people you can meet during those times. I used to only send my Sims to college so they can meet their husband/wife.

Hopefully with Sims 4 they will lay the ground work early for a more fulfilling game instead of sew on extras a few games in. (The Job system should've been base game, other careers using the Job system should've been added in expansion packs. It seemed a little tacked on.)

Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:01 pm
Renderlicous
Renderlicous

Name: Jack
Based on those surveys a few months ago, here's a sort of 'list' of what might be in Seasons:

•New Outer Wear clothing category
•Festivals/holidays unique to each seasons
•Temperature, as well as sunburn, frostbite and tanning
•Diving boards and pool slides
•Caroling
•Anthropology career
•Meteorology career
•Aliens
•Weather, including rain, snow, hail, fog and heat
•Swimming in the ocean
•Online dating
•Kite flying
•Costume, holiday, feast, gift-giving and pool party types
•Sledding
•Holiday greeting cards, with fuctionality outside of the game

•Limited Edition version: comes with an Ice Lounge venue featuring 10 ice-themed items

•Summer festivals: fireworks, face painting, eating contests, food stand and summer-themed decorations
•Winter festivals: snowball arenas, ice-skating, food stand and winter-themed decorations
•Autumn/fall festival: pie eating contest, apple-bobbing, food stand and fall decorations
•Spring festival: kissing booths, egg hunting, food stand and spring decorations

Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:25 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

I approve 100% of anthropology, aliens and the online dating. So many funny/realistic things could come from the online dating action. I have lots of experience in that field, I would've loved to be one of the producers to help come up with funny interactions.

Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:01 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: Mathias
EA is hinting about Seasons in Lucky Palms!! :happy:

Quote:
Looks like EA are trying to hint at Seasons… what do you think?!

SOURCE: http://www.simprograms.com/42023/hint-a ... cky-palms/

It's pretty much official now when even EA is hinting about it.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:29 pm
Profile WWW
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

What, Apple Bloom is a part of EA now?

But on a serious note, I clicked on the link, and even clicked on the link to the EA store, and that didn't work (I got the baby in a dishwasher). So I really don't even know what we're talking about here...

Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:40 pm
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

Lucky Palms page

The third item on the third row: "Weather Blocker."

I don't think it's a hint. Honestly, I think a lot of the Sims fandom reads way too much into things. However, the multiple online listings seem pretty legit; they haven't let us down too often before.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:08 pm
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Well, what's the point with a weather blocker without weather? :P

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:13 am
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

i keep seeing this everywhere - is it real??? is it a real leak?? http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/2422/tra ... ms3new.jpg

Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:39 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

I really hope it's the Occasions expansion pack we've heard about.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:08 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: La
I feel like it should be fake... but I don't know how someone could easily photoshop those images since we don't have anything like most of those in TS3. I'm sure it's possible... but I can't completely convince myself that this is fake. Interesting.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:29 pm
Profile WWW
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
So I've been away for a while and I'm glad to hear that the Seasons rumors are holding strong. That's great to hear!!!

Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:13 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

kristy96 wrote:
i keep seeing this everywhere - is it real??? is it a real leak?? http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/2422/tra ... ms3new.jpg

That looks very obviously fake to me.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:16 pm
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

I don't think it is real. One of the better fan made covers I have seen, though.

See in the left pic with the surfer guy. The background is from Bon Voyage beach lot. The pic with the air plane you see something that is very similar to Lucky Palms in the background.

Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next