View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Probably Calling it Quits after Pets 
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post Re: Probably Calling it Quits after Pets
Just an update on my opinions...

So I ended up not quitting after pets. In fact I got Showtime (as a bday gift!).

I sometimes play the game and it's okay. I stick to creating most of the time because playing as sims can be frustrating with error codes around every corner and slow playability. But wasn't that the point of The Sims 3?

From when I started this thread 'till now I realized that I really don't care about TS3 anymore. I mean I had to receive the latest EP as a gift... It wasn't something that I was excited about at all and I refused to spend a dime on it. Although Showtime isn't too bad (nothing can beat the shittiness of Generations IMO), it should have been included with LN. I seem to be saying that more and more.

I'm gonna call it what it is: EA has a different target audience now. It isn't the creative story-tellers or the aspiring architects or the people who are just naturally innovative that they are selling this game to; it's the pre-teens and the people who don't know how to use their minds that they're selling this game to now.

It is evident with the latest releases of Sims 3 merchandise.... Look at the Katy Perry edition of Showtime (or the expansion pack itself). It's a complete ripoff! Look at the Katy Perry based stuff pack, another ripoff! Am I alone in thinking that they're using a cheap contract with a celebrity to make an easy buck off of us? It's a complete waste of everyone's time.

In the news forums there is an Amazon link to a sims 3 product called "Supernatural". Pardon my french but when in the blue fuck did they think it was a good idea to release a supernaturally-based EP when the players have been crying for a seasons EP since TS3 was released? They don't take us seriously! Because if they did, they wouldn't have sold us EP's like Generations, Ambitions (yeah I went there!), or Showtime. Those are bullshit expansion packs; if you compare the TS3 line of EPs with the TS2 line of EPs there is a huge rift of quality and none of them are truly shit-eps.

If the supernatural ep turns out to be true... Like wtf. Seriously, they give us that piece of shit instead of maybe considering opening up stores and restaurants?! That was a basic in TS1 and TS2. A university EP would be appreciated as well... but no, fucking ghosts and other mythical unrealistic creatures takes centre-stage. I don't feel that in anyway a supernatural ep would enhance my game-playability. To me, it just seems like excessive content in the form of a glorified over-priced stuff pack.

Just even opening up stores and giving us new types of restaurants... Just an EP that delivers some basics would be something to look forward to. I haven't been excited about an EP since LN (and I guess Pets to some extent (I've never been a fan of Pets ep's)).

Personally I only think that WA, LN, and Pets can actually be classified as real EP's this franchise. The rest of the EP's seem incomplete or they were side-tracked to make extra money with minimal effort.

There's also WAAAAY too many products to keep anything in good quality. I mean how many spin-offs of TS3 are there again? Like 5? And then don't some of those have EP's or DLC too?

You can say "they're working on seasons, have hope, etc, etc".... It's been 4 fucking years. If they can't come out with a decent seasons EP after 4 years of the franchise being started then that say's a lot.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:02 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Charlie
Post Re: Probably Calling it Quits after Pets
Scryer wrote:
Just an update on my opinions...

I'm gonna call it what it is: EA has a different target audience now. It isn't the creative story-tellers or the aspiring architects or the people who are just naturally innovative that they are selling this game to; it's the pre-teens and the people who don't know how to use their minds that they're selling this game to now.

Hit the nail on the head right here. I didn't think about it until now you've mentioned it. But it's true... RIP Sims as we knew it.

Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2