View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 My Ideal Expansion Packs *Business Idea Added* 
Roomie
Roomie

Name: Aron
Post Re: My Ideal Expansion Packs *Pets Idea Added*
About your last one, the Farm type one.
There should also be Cross breeding.
Of course, this is the sims. So there is whacky ideas.
Like:
Dog + Hamster (._.) = Bunneh
Bunny + Horse = Squirrel
Squirrel + Bunny = Fox
And of course, the skill Animal Breeding would help with this. :P
And then in the hospital or Zoo, you could have the Animatic.
A machine that you take injections from animals (Like my combo sheet above)
Say... Bob, took an Injection from a sheep and from a Bunny
He enters them into the machine and he presses a lever.
Out pops a..... Monkeh.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:56 am
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Name: Erhama
Roleplay: Roxlar Trein
STARWARSFAN1400 wrote:
Like:
Bunny + Horse = Squirrel
Squirrel + Bunny = Fox
Out pops a..... Monkeh.

:| That is the craziest idea I've ever heard of.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:06 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
Tərra wrote:
STARWARSFAN1400 wrote:
Like:
Bunny + Horse = Squirrel
Squirrel + Bunny = Fox
Out pops a..... Monkeh.

:| That is the craziest idea I've ever heard of.

Where do you get your drugs? Do you have any contact numbers by any chance? xD
Haha I'm not gonna bust your chps. It's a comical idea.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:21 pm
Roomie
Roomie

Name: Aron
@Swatme eBay. :P
(Thanks, and the Sims are ment to be comical.)

Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:04 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

STARWARSFAN1400 wrote:
Like:
Bunny + Horse = Squirrel
Squirrel + Bunny = Fox
Out pops a..... Monkeh.

I'll have what he's having :P . Gave me a hell of a good laugh!

Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:19 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

The Sims 3: From 9 to 5

Another component that I want back from TS2 was the ability to actually own and design your own business. You'll have all of the same types of businesses from TS2 but this EP will take it a step further when it comes to your business options. Here is what I'm thinking:

- You start off with a small business. A starting business (from an average sim) won't start off with a store but instead, your sim's business will most likely start out by renting space in a flea market. Then as your business grows, your sim can afford a store and then eventually office space for their business.

- We get rid of the business rank system from the TS2's OFB. In order to move up the corporate ladder to hopefully become a corporation, you have to earn the money in order to rent out the space. And this EP won't shy away from the expenses of renting out commercial space either. For example to rent out space in a flea-market, it would cost $1000 per week; renting out a store space would cost about $5000-$10,000 per week depending on the store size; renting out office space costs +$10,000 per week depending on the office size.

- There are various ways to start the various types of businesses in this EP. You can rent out space in a flea-market, divide your house into business space and living space (which raises your bills), or sell your products on the street. The flea-market is the cheapest option but you can't set your own hours... your sim will open at 9am and close at 5pm.

- The number of employees you can hire also depends on what kind of commercial space your business is renting. You'd only be able to hire one employee if you're renting out space in a flea-market; you'd be able to hire 3-5 employees if your business is in a store; and you'd be able to hire up to 20 sims if you have managed to rent out office space.

- Renting out office space is much different that owning a store. In order to run a business successfully in an office space, you have to own a place that distributes products (such as a store). Otherwise the office buildings don't do anything.

- For example, let's say that your sim owned a furniture store(s) (you can own multiple business lots that sell your product but they can't own multiple office spaces) and they can now afford to rent out office space. When they purchase that office space your sim will have to hire a secretary (who manages meetings with store managers, international guests, and payroll for your office), customer service personnel (who keep customers from having their relationship decrease with the store), a janitor, financial services personnel (who keep employees and managers in your stores paid; they can also decrease the amount of money your business loses), and advertising agents (who increase the amount of sims that visit your store(s) by a lot, which increases your profits; this includes any photographers that you hire).

The more sims that you hire for each department, the more effective it is.

- Sims will now have relationships with businesses. Kind of like the way that sims have relationships with cars only that the relationship depends on the quality of the products, customer service, environment of the shopping space, relationship with the owner, and the relationships with the employees.

- Advertising is a huge component in business. If you can afford it your sim can rent out ad spaces in newspapers, billboards, and magazines. You can hire a freelance photographer by going to City Hall to get that perfect picture for your business! Advertising can dramatically increase the amount of sims that visit your business.

- Photography is re-introduced in this EP. Only it is reintroduced as an Ambitions career. Businesses will hire photographers to take pictures in order to advertise their business. Different business owners will have different requests. For example, clothing stores/corporations will hire photographers to take pictures of sims wearing their clothes. This means that photographers will have to hire a model(s) (maximum, 3) and take photos of them.

- There is no career as a model. Only a photographer or a fashion designer can hire a model. But of course they are paid and there are no requirements to being a model.

- Sims that own clothing stores have to style a minimum of 3 different outfits. Those outfits can't be access by CAS or the styling station unless they are purchased. This makes it so that clothing stores are important.

When these business owners own an office space, they turn into fashion designers. A fashion designer has all of the responsibilities that a regular office business has only they have to organize a fashion show once a week. You have to choose the venue and 3 models; your secretary will take care of the guest-list and everything else. Fashion shows are important because International guests might be interested in purchasing your garments which means tons of money for your business. Other people might be interested in making hefty purchases too. But that means that you can't have the same outfits presented every week.

- Writers can now get involved with the business scene. Book-store owners are going to need books to fill their shelves so authors can sell them their novels. If a book-store owner purchases office space, then they develop into a publishing company. That publishing company can greatly increase the profits of authors and at the same time make big money for the publishing company.

- If novels ain't your writer's thing, then they can start a magazine. Their magazine can be about entertainment aspects (night-life, sports, or music music), fashion, travel, science, art, environment, film, or businesses. Your sim will need to interview people in their magazine's area of interest as well as provide analytical and critical articles. You can also rent out advertising space to other businesses. And don't forget to hire a good photographer because magazines are FILLED with imagery. Magazine businesses will start out as low-costing handouts in public areas, moving up to a magazine stand, and then finally to an office space where your sim will become the chief magazine editor. As a magazine editor you still have to write articles for your magazine and you need to manage your magazine stands like any other business would need to manage their stores.

- In order to make player-owned businesses important, we have to make the products important so that players will actually want to send their sims there. Sims that own clothing stores/flea-market space are prompted to design a minimum of 3 outfits for male OR female sims. Those outfits can't be accessed in CAS or the styling station.

Sims that own restaurants now make better quality food that customers will love. Sims that sell products (like furniture) will provide a mood boost to sims that use those products. Magazines provide tons of discussion among sims; sims can just talk for hours about what's new in the magazine!

- Restaurants are now opened up. Sims that want to start a restaurant might start by serving meals in the flea-market. And when they can afford to, they can rent out commercial space or purchase a community lot for their restaurant. Journalists will visit the restaurant once a week to review it; if they like the food, environment, and service they'll offer to rate your restaurant one star higher. 5-star restaurants will attract the rich and powerful while 0-star restaurants will attract sims that want to save a buck.

- International guests will visit your neighbourhood. They will also visit your businesses and they can have a great influence on it. If you're friendly with the international guests they might share new patterns, or spread the word that your business is a good one, or purchase your services at a higher price. If you don't welcome your international guests in your business then they might spread rumours about your business and they might pay less for your services.

- International guests need a place to stay... So we're bringing back hotels. From shacks to “Bed&Breakfast joints” to 5-star beauties, there will be tons of options for your sims to stay in. And your sims might be interested in running a Hotel as a business. Your sim might want to stay in a hotel to have that affair, get away from the kids, or just to take a break from work/school.

- You can now create shopping malls. Basically shopping malls are huge buildings that have several commercial lots to rent out to businesses. So there could be a furniture store, clothing store, restaurant, etc. The maximum amount of businesses that can be in there are 8. And you cannot own the actual mall as a business.

- Promoting your employees to a manager can help out a lot. If you're not on the business lot due to “professional reasons” your manager will step right in and handle things for you. Unlike OFB, managers will not cause your business to lose money but on the flip side, they won't cause your profits to increase for the day. But they do cost a lot to keep!

- As a business owner, you set your own hours. If you want to work from 9am to 12am, it's your funeral. You have to keep in mind the hours that you want your employees to work. Employees will leave on their own if you make them work over 12 hours.

- Your employees are important. Their skills and traits are critical to the jobs that you give them. And you must pay them fairly as well! They have bills to pay too! Or else they might just quit on you.

- Updated AI. For example, when you hire a photographer and you tell them to take a picture of a sim, you will choose who they photograph, what that sim is wearing, and where you want the photographer to take the picture. Same with any furniture.... But how the image turns up is completely dependant on the photographer's skills.

- New traits includes Fashion-Conscious (these sims are very aware of the styles around them. They will want to change their looks to reflect the new styles and they will look down on those sims that aren't with the times. This trait is incompatible with Slob) and Dedicated (these sims are dedicated to whatever situation they are in. They are satisfied keeping the same job, same spouse, and the same house. This trait is incompatible with Commitment Issues).

Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:15 am
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

Post Re: My Ideal Expansion Packs *Business Idea Added*
For the business ep would the manager, janitor and other people be npc? Or could you make your sim be a janitor? :smile:

Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:07 am
come hither
come hither

STARWARSFAN1400 wrote:
Like:
Bunny + Horse = Squirrel
Squirrel + Bunny = Fox
Out pops a..... Monkeh.

Yeah i can see how cross breeding sheep and a bunny could make a monkeh... I hope this isn't a serious idea though. I'm gonna say that there is a .001% chance of this. I mean in the sims 2 pets we couldn't even make a cag or a dot :cry:

Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:37 pm
come hither
come hither

STARWARSFAN1400 wrote:
Like:
Bunny + Horse = Squirrel
Squirrel + Bunny = Fox
Out pops a..... Monkeh.

So a sheep and a bunny cross breed to make an animal with apposable(sp?) thumbs? interesting... I'm gonna go ahead and be the bearer of bad news and say this won't happen. :bub: I mean in the sims 2 we couldn't even make cags or dots :cry:

and yeah your ep ideas are really long. I don't want to have a business though. In the sims 2 i had one home business and it was fun but only because i cheated and used the money cheat so i could sell everything super cheap and everyone loved my store.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2