View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Complaint Department: Got one? 
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Post Re: Complaint Department: Got one?
ka-tet428 wrote:
Simstat wrote:
Here's a new complaint. Today's front page here at Snooty Sims announces, "...Catherine Brown where she announces 2 new Prima guides on the Sims 3: Blog - Collectables - Lifetime Wishes. Both are around 10 dollars."

NEW Prima guides? How about a free errata list to correct all the mistakes that were made in the original TS3 Prima strategy guide??? Sheesh.

Thank you! As an English professor, I can't tell you how absolutely annoyed I was by allllllll the mistakes in that freakin' guide. It is a professional, international guidebook put out by a major company - get better freakin' editors! Hey - I'll send Prima my resume.

I know that's not about the game itself, but I'm just glad someone was as irked as I was! :wave:

ETA: I just realized you may have meant mistakes about gameplay...which were also in abundance. But the grammar/syntax/etc. mistakes were just rampant and horrible.

What kinds of mistakes were in it? I didn't buy it so I haven't even seen it yet. Was it grammar/spelling, punctuation, or something else? I can't stand reading grammatical errors, let alone in a published book. It's like nails on a chalkboard :yuck:

Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:59 pm
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

Name: Tammy
Quote:
What kinds of mistakes were in it? I didn't buy it so I haven't even seen it yet. Was it grammar/spelling, punctuation, or something else? I can't stand reading grammatical errors, let alone in a published book. It's like nails on a chalkboard

From page 95 of the guide:

"Buying the Hardly Hunger Lifetime Wish sounds like a good idea...." Isn't it the Hardly HUNGRY Lifetime Wish?

"Skills are also a great way for Sims who do not want traditional career to make money...."

"Skills such fishing and gardening are intertwined...."

If the author of this guide speaks a foreign language I will give her some slack...often there are no articles such as "a" or "the" in other languages. I wouldn't mind if this was isolated or only once every few pages but it happens too often for me to respect this as a published guide. The former Sims guides were the same way and I just think it's very poor editing.

On an up-note, I think the guides are very helpful otherwise and I even use them to show my students how to use "she" and "he" instead of "they" when the subject is singular. For instance, "A person is entitled to their own opinion." A=singular, their=plural. It bugs me. Rant over.

Team Waffles

Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:10 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Shanna
Offtopic: If you think that guide is bad, you should see this new MMO Darkfall. *facepalms* Almost every quest has "that" when it should be "Than". I believe the game was foreign, so you expect a little goof up here and there, but it's a little too consistent.

Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:52 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

I got one about the new picture. Is that the same cafe and bookstore we already have, in Paris? Ho hum.

Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:46 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Shanna
Don't you know? EA won't give us non/new rabbit holes, that would be too difficult for them.

Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:51 pm
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

Location: Behind your fridge plotting with the dust bunnies to overtake you.
I Finally got the game yesterday, and well, here are my complaints (thus far):

1.) When I speed up time, it dosen't actually go fast.
2.) There aren't as many outfit and hair choices, as I think (most of us) were led to believe.
3.) Pregnancies take forever!
4.) Moodlets are interesting, but I'd like memories back as well.
5.) Unuseable items kinda annoy me. You can by towels and tissues, but you can't use them!? I suppose those things are there to make houses look more real. But it's still kinda annoying.
6.) I don't know about anyone else, but it said there wasn't as much focus on eating, and sleeping, and that those bars would go down slower. But to be honest, that seems about the same. I had kids fully rested before leaving for school, and they arrived home in desperate need of sleep.

I do have likes though, the seemless neighborhood, the book stores, and other shoping places.

...and I LOVE how much easier building is compared to before! It's SO much better.

Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:13 pm
Profile WWW
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

Quote:
I don't know about anyone else, but it said there wasn't as much focus on eating, and sleeping, and that those bars would go down slower. But to be honest, that seems about the same. I had kids fully rested before leaving for school, and they arrived home in desperate need of sleep.

It also annoys me how long it takes for them to satisfy energy. I always cheat so I can buy them the best beds, but it takes like nine hours even with the better beds to get them fully rested. I used to be able to put them to bed at midnight and get them up at six a.m. and they would be fine. In TS3, I have to put them to bed at ten or eleven and I have to cheat to keep them up that late (especially if I want them to do some lovin').

Team Waffles

Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:35 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

I pretty much posted my recent complaint here.

Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:58 am
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

I managed to download and install the free world that was on thesims3.com (Riverview, whatever) and when I moved my created characters, Callum Hixon and Carrianne Haywood, to it, they had to get to know each other all over again! & they were making good progress toward becoming a couple. :banghead:

Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:17 pm
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

I've had the game for 1 week. And at first I was very happy that it worked on my laptop because I didn't think I had the right requirements! and it's not slow and has never crashed on me yet" :ohyeah:

Some complaints I have to far are:

- when using the option 'kick out' your sims disappear! very annoyed by this and have lost 6 children(young adults) which I grew up from baby!
- Do not like how the neighbourhood remains the same and you have your own separate game! (e.g. I married one of the wan-goddard's in my game.. went back to neighbour screen and he was stil engaged to pauline! - how gay!)
- The clothes and hair are crap!
- The genetics aren't very good - I had 2 sets of twins, both times they made one black the other light skin but they looked exactly the same! that just wouldn't happen in real life. they would have same skin colour!
- I am a big sims fan! I never thought I wouldn't like this game. I LOVED sims 1 and then the sims 2 seemed amazing compared to sims1 because there was so much more you could do, I think the problem with this game is its stil very much similar to sims 2 but they have taken stuff out and changed stuff!! they should have done it way better imo!

Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:23 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Name: Michelle
I'm upset. I started playing today after a long break to only realise that my town is empty except for the sim family I created. Its a freaking ghost town!!!

Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:00 am
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

I don't understand when an action is inappropriate. For instance, I had a friend (my sim had a friend...you know what I mean) who was inappropriate, had a good sense of humor, and was mean-spirited and I told a dirty joke and she got so offended. Then, my sim spent the night at her boyfriend's house, he said "make yourself at home," so she made a sandwich, woo-hooed with him, slept in his bed while he watched TV, then went to take a shower and of all of those things you know what he said was inappropriate? Taking a shower. Really?

Offtopic: I know this whole forum is about the things we love about Sims 3, but is there a specific topic for posting the good things? I just thought it would be good to have a place to say something like, "I love how if you pause the game while it's in fast-forward it goes straight back to fast-forward when you unpause instead of going to play and making you push fast-forward again." I know that sounds trivial, but it's a little thing I like, and I don't know where to say something like that - in the "Little Secrets You've Found" thread? It's not really a secret....

Team Waffles

Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:11 pm
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

Name: Natasha
^I really lolled at this. Did she take a shower in the morning? I think when you spend the night you can do whatever you like in the evening, like eat, sleep, take showers, but as soon as morning comes you are no longer considered a guest spending the night and all of these actions become inappropriate. It's kind of annoying. I also hate how an inappropriate sim talks about somebody in the room with another inaproppriate sim and they get all worked up about it! They're supposed to continiue discussing. It is also weird how the sim they're talking about seems indifferent to it.

Don't you know who I think I am?

Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:12 am
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

Yeah it was the morning, so I guess she wasn't welcome anymore. Way to "wreck [the] bed, then in the morning kick me in the head."

But, a new lifetime reward for WA is to never be considered inappropriate, so I may look into investing!

Team Waffles

Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:13 am
Friendly Neighbour
Friendly Neighbour

sims2rocks wrote:
- The genetics aren't very good - I had 2 sets of twins, both times they made one black the other light skin but they looked exactly the same! that just wouldn't happen in real life. they would have same skin colour!

I went to school with two sisters who were twins. One was black and the other was white. So yes, this DOES happen in real life.

I want to be remembered when I'm dead. I want books written about me. I want songs sung about me. And then, hundreds of years from now, I want episodes of my life to be played out weekly at half past nine by some great heroic actor of the age.

Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:42 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
Lord Blackadder wrote:
sims2rocks wrote:

I went to school with two sisters who were twins. One was black and the other was white. So yes, this DOES happen in real life.

Holy crap, really!?

Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:11 pm
Friendly Neighbour
Friendly Neighbour

Swatme101 wrote:
Lord Blackadder wrote:
sims2rocks wrote:

Holy crap, really!?

Yup. Both mum and dad were black, all the other kids in the family were black (from memory there were five kids in family) except the twins - one white, one black. It's more common than you think.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mixed_twins

I want to be remembered when I'm dead. I want books written about me. I want songs sung about me. And then, hundreds of years from now, I want episodes of my life to be played out weekly at half past nine by some great heroic actor of the age.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:11 am
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Name: Mel
i was very upset when one of my families moved house while i was playing a different household. and suddenly they had 30,000 simoleons less than they should've so they couldn't even buy back their old house... but i guess that's part of storymode or whatever, still! i dislike it! :P

and my biggest disappointment with the overall game was weather.. they should have included it in the base game. it gets so boring and repetitive without it.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:37 pm
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

Location: At Hogwarts....no really I'm in Muggle Studies right now..
okay my great grand daughter danille goth-O'malley keeps moving from the houses i put her in with her husband and daughter onto the streets. If my sims has money than i don't want them to only end up with 5,000 when i know they nearly had 200,000. i had to keep moving Danille into her parents home (Mortimier and Zion). This is already getting tiring and it's only happend twice, but enough is enough :grumpy: Oh and i do not like how my toddlers are dieing now. I've lost about three or four already yet the people I wouldn't cry over is still alive :pissed:

Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:01 am
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

Okay, so i've just spent my afternoon (afternoon, in australia) reading thorugh all of these, and i think it's great that this thread was started.

My main annoyances with the game are:

1. There's NO PIANO. To me, this was heartbreaking. I am a classical music fan, and i loved listening to my sims practicing in TS2. the guitars are all right, but it just sounds the same, over and over again.

2. A General lack of hairstyles, and CHILDRENS clothes, seriously. there is basically NOTHING to dress your child up in, that looks okay to show to the outside neighbourhood. When i am forced to make up outfits using these, i can just hear the laughter from others :spin:

3. Mermories!. i loved this in TS2, it was really helpful. now, POOF, gone. very annoying.

4. The Body bar thing. i used it heaps in TS2, and now i have to judge on appearences, whether the sims have eaten too much, or too little.

5. Has anyone noticed that when male sims work out a lot, they seem to lose their necks, and become body builders? i tried using cardio work out instead, thinking it would only build up strenght, and maybe tone a little, but they still end up looking like Arnold Schwarzenegger (no offence to him, in anyway)

thats all i can think of now. other then that, i absolutely LOVe this game, and think it is great to play, all the time! I'm sorry if im just repeating what everyone else has to say about this subject, but thanks for starting this thread. :grin:

Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next