View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Complaint Department: Got one? 
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

Post Re: Complaint Department: Got one?
ka-tet428 wrote:
Left-clicking vs. right-clicking wishes. In TS2, you right-clicked a want to lock it, but it's the opposite in TS3 and I keep discarding wishes I want to save. Why make it the opposite?

I had to adjust to clicking the vertical arrows to go between regular & aerial view, which on ts2, was done with a simple press of the T key.

Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:19 am
Roomie
Roomie

Minor complaint, but when switching active households, the families lose the contents from the fridge. I realised all my perfect veggies, etc, grown by my green thumb sim were missing... She's dead now, and her husband can't even enjoy what she harvested all her life!
+ I miss the chinese food we could order by phone on ts2. Maybe it'll come back with china in adventures...? :spin:

Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:17 pm
Profile WWW
Friendly Neighbour
Friendly Neighbour

I hate how toddlers can't gain as many skills as they could in sims2. Why no charisma toy? Or why doesn't the drawing table/block table earn them painting or handiness?

Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:57 am
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Name: Erhama
Roleplay: Roxlar Trein
pocketmouse wrote:
Or why doesn't the drawing table/block table earn them painting or handiness?

The drawing table/block table does let them learn handiness, but I don't really know how you get painting skill from it since the papers and such are literally useless, either that or my game is bugged, what's the use of all the crayons and such if they're not useable? :indifferent:

Last edited by Equilibrium on Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:17 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

ǝ. wrote:
pocketmouse wrote:

The drawing table/block table does let them learn handiness, but I don't really know how you get painting skill from it since the papers and such a literally useless, either that or my game is bugged, what's the use of all the crayons and such if they're not useable? :indifferent:

Remember an article for TS2 when the developers stated that some items in TS2's later EPs came from TS3? The TS2 developers probably tweaked the toddler table to add coloring, though I don't understand why it wasn't in TS3 in the first place since there're crayons all over the table...

Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:52 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Indian wrote:
ǝ. wrote:
pocketmouse wrote:

The drawing table/block table does let them learn handiness, but I don't really know how you get painting skill from it since the papers and such a literally useless, either that or my game is bugged, what's the use of all the crayons and such if they're not useable? :indifferent:

Remember an article for TS2 when the developers stated that some items in TS2's later EPs came from TS3? The TS2 developers probably tweaked the toddler table to add coloring, though I don't understand why it wasn't in TS3 in the first place since there're crayons all over the table...

Yeah in TS2 I loved putting the toddlers art work up round their room, was a bit :angry: when I saw they couldn't draw on the papers.

Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:14 am
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

I much prefer the open neighbourhood with no loading screens, my sims have gotten out much more than in TS2.

Things i miss from TS2:

- Toddler interactions
- Alien abductions! I spent many hours trying to get my males abducted and pregnant in TS2.
- Memories: these are an odd one. I miss my sims not having memories but sometimes in TS2 my sims would have memories of distant relatives achieving something, or for example, a sibling having a first kiss !?! I don't miss those.
- Scheduling nannies. It annoys me having to ring up for a babysitter every time my sims have to go to work.
- Not having the option of allowing the new mothers to go back to work.

I am looking forward to future EPs just to add some depth to the game. It was hard to go from TS2 with all EPs to TS3 base game. I would really like to see seasons introduced. But as i've already said, the open neighbourhood was the main reason I was tempted to buy TS3.

Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:39 pm
Friendly Neighbour
Friendly Neighbour

Name: Caitlin
I miss all the romantic interactions that you could do (like slow dance, the butt grope etc.). Sure the Hopeless Romantic Sims can gaze into each others eyes and other things, but there's nothing like a butt grope :no:

Also, I miss the aliens abductions, male pregnancy (so I can extract justice onto Lothario :excited: ) and the memories. I loved the memories of the Sims 2 (though they did come out in...some expansion, so maybe we'll get them again :P).

And the hot tub. Why they got rid of the hot tub is beyond me.

Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:36 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Samantha wrote:
1. WHY THE HELL AREN'T THE STAIRS CUSTOMIZABLE?! :angry:
2. Babies that have only a mother or a father...just one parent...magical isn't it?
3. With CAS, having to load every freaking pattern in a collection before I can move on to a different one.
4. Children have minimal hairstyle choices, I am confused as to why EA didn't allow adult hairstyles on children.
5. Items breaking every other day, even the expensive ones. It seems like every time my Sim buys a laptop or uses the dishwasher it breaks after the second use!

Agreed.I also wanted to be able to make stairs match the rest of my house!
2.I want tattoos on my sim!
3.I would like to be able to select ANY Food option for food favorites.Ex.Cheesecake, Ambrosia
4.I would like my klepto to be able to steal at ANY time.

Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:59 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Name: Michelle
Isn't the newest patch supposed to cure spontaneous births. IT'S STILL OCCURRING!!

Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:14 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
Simsfreakmaniac wrote:
Isn't the newest patch supposed to cure spontaneous births. IT'S STILL OCCURRING!!

When you get failed by the worst, get cured by the best. GET AWESOMEMOD TODAY!

Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:44 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Name: Michelle
Swatme101 wrote:

I don't like using mods :Astonished: so I'm afraid I'm stuck with EA's Major Fail.

Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:15 pm
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

Name: Andrew
Simsfreakmaniac wrote:
Swatme101 wrote:

I don't like using mods :Astonished: so I'm afraid I'm stuck with EA's Major Fail.

Gotta take risks in life (sim life :shakefist: ) EA is epic fail. get awesomemod. worth it to me anyways :noob:

Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:29 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: La
I was playing on my legacy family yesterday and my teen sim, Kenzie, was at a friend's house. The alert came up that it was past curfew and she needed to go home but I made her stay and finish socializing. Then the police came to take her away so I went back to my sim's lot and her dad had the "Wait" interaction but all of a sudden, Kenzie disappeared from the sim-menu on the left side of the screen (you know, where you select a sim) and she didn't come back! I had to quit without saving but thankfully I didn't lose much.

Has anyone else had this happen? At first I wondered if teens could only be picked up by the police so many times before being taken away (this was Kenzie's second time) but there was no alert so I assume it's a bug. It scared me.

Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:41 pm
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

My biggest complaint is the crashing without warning. I make it a point to save my game every ten minutes b/c it crashes at least twice an evening. Just locks up then dumps me onto my desktop and exits the game. Ugh - so annoying!!

Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:44 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

My complaints? The usual. Lack of toddler interactions, wishes/promises disappearing when you switch household, lack of romantic interactions, lack of dances, and the fact that it's practically impossible to make a decent basement!
Lola001 wrote:
I was playing on my legacy family yesterday and my teen sim, Kenzie, was at a friend's house. The alert came up that it was past curfew and she needed to go home but I made her stay and finish socializing. Then the police came to take her away so I went back to my sim's lot and her dad had the "Wait" interaction but all of a sudden, Kenzie disappeared from the sim-menu on the left side of the screen (you know, where you select a sim) and she didn't come back! I had to quit without saving but thankfully I didn't lose much.

Has anyone else had this happen? At first I wondered if teens could only be picked up by the police so many times before being taken away (this was Kenzie's second time) but there was no alert so I assume it's a bug. It scared me.
I had something similar happen with my Legacy heiress, Muffin. As a child she went to school and never came out. Later, her brother was going to move out and the option to move her out was there too, so I moved her out with her brother and then moved her back in once they got to the new house. :smile: But by then Muffin and her twin had aged into teens, giving her the horrible Frugal trait because her grades weren't that good when she disappeared. :pissed:
The same thing works with babysitters stealing babies/toddlers, only you have to add the babysitter to the household before she/he leaves the lot.

Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:56 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: La
Phoenix wrote:
My complaints? The usual. Lack of toddler interactions, wishes/promises disappearing when you switch household, lack of romantic interactions, lack of dances, and the fact that it's practically impossible to make a decent basement!
Lola001 wrote:

I had something similar happen with my Legacy heiress, Muffin. As a child she went to school and never came out. Later, her brother was going to move out and the option to move her out was there too, so I moved her out with her brother and then moved her back in once they got to the new house. :smile: But by then Muffin and her twin had aged into teens, giving her the horrible Frugal trait because her grades weren't that good when she disappeared. :pissed:
The same thing works with babysitters stealing babies/toddlers, only you have to add the babysitter to the household before she/he leaves the lot.

Weird, I've never had a babysitter try to steal a sim baby, I'll have to watch for that. It was really weird how my teen just disappeared...

Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:23 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Here's a new complaint. Today's front page here at Snooty Sims announces, "...Catherine Brown where she announces 2 new Prima guides on the Sims 3: Blog - Collectables - Lifetime Wishes. Both are around 10 dollars."

NEW Prima guides? How about a free errata list to correct all the mistakes that were made in the original TS3 Prima strategy guide??? Sheesh.

Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:00 pm
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

Name: Cate
I have a few complaints....

1. My sim went to work and I was watching my other sim at the park, a info sheet appeared and said, so/so is mad at my sim because he did this during his workday.... only.... the so/so sim was at the park, pregnant, and picnicking with her husband. Of course she was on maternity leave, but still.. come on EA. It's not the only case I have found with the job interactions with the sim who is reprimanding or asking my sim something is wandering about town and not even at work.

2. EA kept preaching how 'life'-like it would be. Ever peeked into the windows of other households? All they do is stand there like dolls, and they only start to really move/interact with the house when you make a sim go visit them.

3. My sim was fooling around with a female sim at her house (she is married), and an update appeared. "Agnes Crumplebottom and Nate Baute are expecting their first child!" When my sim Edward was wooing her into bed! The 'try for baby' option was still there even after that little update from the game. Regardless, they did it and Ed left for home.

....somehow these little things I've been finding is making me feel slightly cheapened.

Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:04 pm
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

Name: Tammy
Simstat wrote:
Here's a new complaint. Today's front page here at Snooty Sims announces, "...Catherine Brown where she announces 2 new Prima guides on the Sims 3: Blog - Collectables - Lifetime Wishes. Both are around 10 dollars."

NEW Prima guides? How about a free errata list to correct all the mistakes that were made in the original TS3 Prima strategy guide??? Sheesh.

Thank you! As an English professor, I can't tell you how absolutely annoyed I was by allllllll the mistakes in that freakin' guide. It is a professional, international guidebook put out by a major company - get better freakin' editors! Hey - I'll send Prima my resume.

I know that's not about the game itself, but I'm just glad someone was as irked as I was! :wave:

ETA: I just realized you may have meant mistakes about gameplay...which were also in abundance. But the grammar/syntax/etc. mistakes were just rampant and horrible.

Team Waffles

Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next