View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
 Info From the Strategy Guide *SPOILERS* 
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

Post Re: Info From the Strategy Guide *SPOILERS*
Does it say anything about the yoga? I know the box shows it but I haven't seen anything about it in any forums and that is one of my favorite activities both irl and the game.

Fri May 29, 2009 3:55 am
Simmer
Simmer

Num1SimsFan wrote:
AWESOME! :grin: I'm SO glad I got the collector's edition and pre-ordered so I can already have the Prima Guide when I get TS3! Anticipating the Sims 3! :bouncy:

The guide that comes with the Collector's edition isn't the Prima Guide. It is another small Guide that EA made.

Fri May 29, 2009 4:15 am
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

Name: Patrick
Thanks for posting the info MTCason. Some good stuff there!
Oh, by the way, I live in Tennessee as well. I live in a suburb of Nashville called Antioch. What city do you live in?

Fri May 29, 2009 4:22 am
Profile WWW
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

any idea on how some of those cheats work? it isn't registering spaces and is cutting it off on the first word. I tried an underscore or combining the words too which didn't work. Cheats like kaching and motherlode worked. Not shazaam or any kind of editing sims cheats.

Fri May 29, 2009 4:27 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Dang, I live in Tennessee too. It looks like I should have preordered from Prima instead of Gamestop. :sad:

Fri May 29, 2009 4:31 am
Profile WWW
Friendly Neighbour
Friendly Neighbour

Hi, I'm wondering about some of the in-depth specifics for the traits, like just how much the traits effect gameplay.

Nice - I know nice sims can comfort others, but is that all? Are there some negatives to being nice?

Excitable - Does this only mean that sims get happier with little things?

Lucky - what all does luck effect?

Natural Cook - so far I heard they can trade recipes with other sims, but that's all I know. Is there more to it?

Green Thumb - are they only just better at gardening? Or is there more to it than that?

Also, is the Summer Hill Ct lot already have a house on it?

Thank you so much for everything you've told us so far. You have really given me hope about how interesting it's going to be.

Fri May 29, 2009 4:33 am

Name: angie
One thing I've been dying to know is whether or not ghosts keep the same traits they had during their lifetimes. If so, would a good sim's ghost help around the house? Would a family-oriented sim's ghost babysit?

Thank you so much for doing this! I know. I should be patient and some day, I'm sure I will be. :smile2:

Fri May 29, 2009 4:38 am
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

So I asked a question over in the "questions" part of the forum earlier today about whether or not there is an education career in the final version. Some have said that the Beta doesn't have it, so does the guide say anything about the final version having an education career? PLEASE SAY YES!! :shy:

Fri May 29, 2009 5:00 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

Any interesting places to wohoo publically?

Also does it say anything about the houses in the lots and houses bin?Does the bin contain any modern houses?How many houses are in the bin?

Does it have anything about Stoney Falls in the neighborhood chapter?

In the families section is Brianna shown and mentioned the girl in my avatar?Is she married?

Fri May 29, 2009 5:38 am
Simmer
Simmer

fire331 wrote:
Simtastic Voyage wrote:
Can someone do the math and tell me how long each lifestage would be on the long lifespan setting?

for Long it would be this
Toddler - 15 days
Child - 15 days
Teen - 30 days
Young Adult - 44 days
Adult - 44 days
Elder - 34 days minimum

person above did Epic

Hmm that almost seems TOO long. I wish there was a lifespan between normal and long :(

Fri May 29, 2009 6:01 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Woo, updated cheat list. Less than like half that is listed when you type "help" in the cheat command. That should make experimenting and testing go easier :grin:

Thanks for all the info

Fri May 29, 2009 6:23 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

Can you post some pics of the single moms family?

Fri May 29, 2009 6:47 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

SIMS3ADDICT wrote:
OK ARE ANY OTHER FAMILIES FROM SIMS 1 OR SIMS 2 IN THE GAME SUCH AS THE NEWBIE,BROKE,BURB,DREAMER,OLDIE,OR PLEASANT PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!

None in Sunset Valley, other than those already described. That isn't to say we're not in for some surprises with Riverview. The strategy guide is confined to Sunset Valley, though, so has no information about the new, second neighborhood.

Simstat wrote:
Very cool; thanks so much for posting. I have a couple of questions. There's a rumor that you can determine the gender of your baby before it's born. Is that true? Also, are there recessive genes in the game? What I mean is, say one parent has brown eyes and one has blue eyes -- will their child carry the genes for both colors and be able to pass either one on to his/her own children? Or does the child only inherit one color and that's it? Thanks!

There's nothing in the guide about any foods or anything else that prejudice a pregnancy towards one gender or the other, I'm afraid. As to genetics, all the guide says is that the genes of the child will be a composite of their parents'. To me, a 'composite' suggests something more complicated than just inheriting one color.

Petreak wrote:
Thanks for posting the info MTCason. Some good stuff there!
Oh, by the way, I live in Tennessee as well. I live in a suburb of Nashville called Antioch. What city do you live in?

I live in Cleveland, about 30 miles northeast of Chattanooga, in the far southeast corner of the state.

texticles wrote:
any idea on how some of those cheats work? it isn't registering spaces and is cutting it off on the first word. I tried an underscore or combining the words too which didn't work. Cheats like kaching and motherlode worked. Not shazaam or any kind of editing sims cheats.

I'm afraid not. I don't have the game, yet!

jaccirocker wrote:
Does it say anything about the yoga? I know the box shows it but I haven't seen anything about it in any forums and that is one of my favorite activities both irl and the game.

I don't think there is any yoga in TS3.

angie wrote:
One thing I've been dying to know is whether or not ghosts keep the same traits they had during their lifetimes. If so, would a good sim's ghost help around the house? Would a family-oriented sim's ghost babysit?

Thank you so much for doing this! I know. I should be patient and some day, I'm sure I will be. :smile2:

I think a sim could babysit, yes. If made a playable Sim, they can do anything a live Sim could.

sharkloverplayer wrote:
Can you post some pics of the single moms family?

There are no pictures of it except for one rather small one where it lists the family in the guide. Too small to really tell what they look like.

I know there are some questions I haven't answered, yet. I won't be able to until I can get back home this evening and check them against the guide. I -did- offer a very small update on a hidden trait that I don't think has ever been mentioned anywhere else. It's one thing I noticed before trundling off to bed last night, and couldn't wait to share the news!

Last edited by Shadow on Fri May 29, 2009 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

8 posts merged. - Shadow

Fri May 29, 2009 12:28 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

The "shazaam" cheat does not seem to work for me. It just says "unknown command" when I type it in

Fri May 29, 2009 2:18 pm
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

does it contain a list of all plants, upgrades, insects, metals, etc.?

Fri May 29, 2009 2:33 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

romagia wrote:
does it contain a list of all plants, upgrades, insects, metals, etc.?

It does. I'll try to post that this evening. And as to the shazaam issue, I'll make sure I typed that in right, as well. Maybe it only works when you've got a Sim selected? I dunno.

Fri May 29, 2009 3:00 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Seeing that I tested it in a household with only 1 sim, I doubt that was the case :shrug:

Fri May 29, 2009 3:07 pm

Pre-Ordered mine on the 27th....can't wait until the 2nd! It sounds GREAT!!

Fri May 29, 2009 3:20 pm
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

What are the careers and their earning potential?

Fri May 29, 2009 4:07 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

I can give you information on a specific career if you like, but I don't want to give the salary scales for all of them. As to earning potential, each career has, potentially, an infinite earning potential. As long as you keep working well and your progress bar fills up, you'll keep getting pay rises. If your aging is turned off, your sim can go on getting those rises indefinitely, as I understand it.

Fri May 29, 2009 4:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next