View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
 Info From the Strategy Guide *SPOILERS* 
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Jan
Post Re: Info From the Strategy Guide *SPOILERS*
oooh, thanks for posting this! a lot of info that I didn't know in there!

Fri May 29, 2009 5:28 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

MTCason wrote:
I can give you information on a specific career if you like, but I don't want to give the salary scales for all of them. As to earning potential, each career has, potentially, an infinite earning potential. As long as you keep working well and your progress bar fills up, you'll keep getting pay rises. If your aging is turned off, your sim can go on getting those rises indefinitely, as I understand it.

I just want to know which ones make the most money at the baseline at the top...
for example:

Business career - lvl 10 - $500 an hour

etc...

Fri May 29, 2009 6:32 pm
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

Name: Charlie
Akadai wrote:
Seeing that I tested it in a household with only 1 sim, I doubt that was the case :shrug:

Have you tried it on the non-pirated version? :shakefist:

Spatial Destabilization Concluded.
Exotic Matter Injected.
Quantum Tunnels Stabilized.
Delivery Platform Transport Fields, Ready.
Initiating Bend Sequence...Now.

Fri May 29, 2009 6:45 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

MTCason wrote:
Petreak wrote:
Thanks for posting the info MTCason. Some good stuff there!
Oh, by the way, I live in Tennessee as well. I live in a suburb of Nashville called Antioch. What city do you live in?

I live in Cleveland, about 30 miles northeast of Chattanooga, in the far southeast corner of the state.

I love this thread! So much info.

Offtopic: I live like 20 minutes from Cleveland, TN. Small world.

Fri May 29, 2009 9:12 pm
Profile WWW
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for all the info. :excited:

Fri May 29, 2009 9:23 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Thanks so much. information overload :excited:

Fri May 29, 2009 9:25 pm
Roomie
Roomie

Name: Chris
The pay is not capped once you reach the top of your career. In my time playing the leak, I reached the top of the music career(Symphonic branch. Some careers, or maybe all, have two branches within the profession you get to choose to go down once you reach the 5th level of said career) and I forget how many times he ended up getting a 36/hour raise, but he ended up making about 600/hour before he died.

It's a nice system and it prevents any one career from being the best.

Fri May 29, 2009 9:32 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Name: Sawyer
As a matter of curiousity, where can you buy the prima guide? Or do you have to order it? How much does it cost?

The info on here is amazing, keep posting! :grin:

Fri May 29, 2009 9:36 pm
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Okay after seeing all of this info I'm 99% sure I'm picking up this guide! It sounds like it has a lot of great info!

Fri May 29, 2009 9:41 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Amethyst wrote:
Hi, I'm wondering about some of the in-depth specifics for the traits, like just how much the traits effect gameplay.

Nice - I know nice sims can comfort others, but is that all? Are there some negatives to being nice?

Excitable - Does this only mean that sims get happier with little things?

Lucky - what all does luck effect?

Natural Cook - so far I heard they can trade recipes with other sims, but that's all I know. Is there more to it?

Green Thumb - are they only just better at gardening? Or is there more to it than that?

Also, is the Summer Hill Ct lot already have a house on it?

Thank you so much for everything you've told us so far. You have really given me hope about how interesting it's going to be.

Nice - There is, best as I can tell, no Nice trait.

Excitable - Excitable Sims get excited about EVERYTHING. They enjoy an extra dose of self-satisfaction when good things happen, deriving positive moodlets from such mundane things as going on dates, eating a favorite food, getting a promotion, or catching a fish. There is no shortcoming to it, but Excitable Sims cannot have the Grumpy trait as well.

Lucky - If Lucky Sims get at least 4 hours of sleep, they have a chance at the Feeling Lucky moodlet. This staves off misfortune, like fires, broken objects, and burglaries. Lucky Sims also have a much higher chance of getting pay rises at work. Lucky Sims also have an increase chance of winning chess or video games.

Natural Cook - They learn the Cooking skill faster than other Sims and start off with a Cooking book already in their inventory. They never start kitchen fires or burn food. They can also learn recipes just by trying food on other lots.

Green Thumb - Much like Natural Cook, they learn Gardening faster, start off with a Gardening skill book, create higher quality harvestables, and can revive dead plants. Green Thumbs can use the unique Talk to Plant interaction with their gardens. This can remove the Lonely moodlet if they are unsociable.

As to the vacant Summer Hill lot, it has no house on it, presently. Just an empty lot to buy and build your own on.

sharkloverplayer wrote:
Any interesting places to wohoo publically?

Also does it say anything about the houses in the lots and houses bin?Does the bin contain any modern houses?How many houses are in the bin?

Does it have anything about Stoney Falls in the neighborhood chapter?

In the families section is Brianna shown and mentioned the girl in my avatar?Is she married?

There are no places mentioned in the guide for public Woohooing, the houses in the lots and houses bin have already been pictured elsewhere on these forums and they're predominantly of a 70s-esque sort of design, and there are 6 houses in the neighborhood and vacant for purchase from the start. It doesn't mention what houses are in the bin, but I think they've been mentioned by people who already have the game elsewhere. Brianna is not in the game at all, best as I can tell.

jenna32787 wrote:
So I asked a question over in the "questions" part of the forum earlier today about whether or not there is an education career in the final version. Some have said that the Beta doesn't have it, so does the guide say anything about the final version having an education career? PLEASE SAY YES!! :shy:

There is, sadly, no Education career. :(

Last edited by Shadow on Fri May 29, 2009 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Triple posts merged. - Shadow

Fri May 29, 2009 9:49 pm
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Nice = Good?

Fri May 29, 2009 9:52 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

99X wrote:
MTCason wrote:
I just want to know which ones make the most money at the baseline at the top...
for example:

The most lucrative career, in terms of base pay, not factoring in any pay rises or additional, money-making actions (Business sims can, for instance, call meetings, which brings in additional money during the workday), is the Medical career, the top tier of which pays $9,600/hr.

Azkar wrote:
Nice = Good?

Ah, Good sims do not react negatively to socials or interactions as often, and tend to see everything in a positive light. When they help another Sim in a negative mood, taht Sim gets the Comforted moodlet. Good Sims cannot have the Evil trait. Good Sims get the Donate to Charity interaction with the mailbox. Donating results in the Charitable Moodlet. They can only donate once per day.

Last edited by Shadow on Fri May 29, 2009 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posts merged, please use the edit button. - Shadow

Fri May 29, 2009 9:53 pm
Simmer
Simmer

MTCason wrote:
99X wrote:
MTCason wrote:
for example:

The most lucrative career, in terms of base pay, not factoring in any pay rises or additional, money-making actions (Business sims can, for instance, call meetings, which brings in additional money during the workday), is the Medical career, the top tier of which pays $9,600/hr.

Wow. Is reaching the top of careers easy? I remember in TS2 my sim turned elder before he made it.

Fri May 29, 2009 9:57 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Simtastic Voyage wrote:
Wow. Is reaching the top of careers easy? I remember in TS2 my sim turned elder before he made it.

There are different requirements for each career at each job level. Some require certain skills, certain numbers of friends, for the Political Career a certain amount of money raised in campaign funds after a certain level, for the Journalist career a certain number of stories written for the paper in order to advance to the next level, etc. These change, again, not only from career to career, but from level to level. The Political career requires campaign funds to be raised once you aspire to the 5th tier, City Council Member. Every position after that is elected, and hence requires a campaign chest to win those elections.

Fri May 29, 2009 10:01 pm
Friendly Neighbour
Friendly Neighbour

I need more info! >.< I wish I had the guide already. T.T

Fri May 29, 2009 10:16 pm
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Name: Nyx
I'm wondering about the in-depth trait description also.

Could you please explain what the guide says about these traits:
Hopeless Romantic, Loner, Perfectionist, Over-Emotional, Bookworm, Handy, and Friendly.

Thank you MTCason! :smile2:

Fri May 29, 2009 10:17 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

cinamoroll12 wrote:
I'm wondering about the in-depth trait description also.

Could you please explain what the guide says about these traits:
Hopeless Romantic, Loner, Perfectionist, Over-Emotional, Bookworm, Handy, and Friendly.

Thank you MTCason! :smile2:

Sure!

Hopeless Romantic - More receptive to romantic socials and get an environmental bonus if they are in the same room as a romantic interest in their lives. However, they also suffer more if afflicted with the Stood Up and Heart Broken negative moodlets. Hopeless Romantics have more fun reading romance novels, and if they are writers will create higher quality romance novels.

Loner - They don't mind being by themselves, in fact they get a positive moodlet from it. Loners also get the Too Many People negative moodlet in social situations, and cannot have the Party Animal trait.

Perfectionist - Have the chance to make higher quality paintings, novels, recipes, and homework. However, these superior works take more time than they would for other Sims. They will ALWAYS make the bed after waking up from sleep.

Over-Emotional - They get an extra bump out of positive moodlets, but also take an extra hit from any negative moodlets. Over-Emotional Sims have extreme reactions to events such as getting a raise/promotion, having a child, or getting married.

Bookworm - Read and write faster. They get increased fun from reading, which helps dispell the Stressed Out moodlet. They also get an increased environmental bonus in any room with a bookcase. They also receive a unique Talk About Book social.

Handy - Learn the Handiness skill faster than other Sims. They'll never fail when upgrading or repairing a household item. Objects repaired by them have a lower chance of breaking again.

Friendly - Default to friendly socials under the AI, and develop friendships faster. Friendly Sims have an easier time becoming friends with other Sims. They cannot have the Mean trait.

Fri May 29, 2009 10:39 pm
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

I love the loner trait. The social motive barely degrades (I've never seen it less than say 95% full; going to work regularly seems to be sufficient). :D

Is there anything special about the clumsy trait? All I've noticed is my Sim tripping every once in a while.

Fri May 29, 2009 10:45 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Azkar wrote:
I love the loner trait. The social motive barely degrades (I've never seen it less than say 95% full; going to work regularly seems to be sufficient). :D

Is there anything special about the clumsy trait? All I've noticed is my Sim tripping every once in a while.

Yeah, Clumsy Sims drop food, trip, and lose fish while reeling them in from the water. They also drop engagement rings when proposing, something the guide says is incredibly cute to see.

Fri May 29, 2009 10:47 pm
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Name: Nyx
Thank you very much MTCarson. :grin:
Can't wait until my guide comes on the fourth. :excited:

Fri May 29, 2009 11:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next