View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
 Info From the Strategy Guide *SPOILERS* 
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post Re: Info From the Strategy Guide *SPOILERS*
intothethanasphere wrote:
Can you tell us if the guide says anything about sims recognizing other sims at the top of each career. I've read that people will salute your sim if they're at the top of the Military career or ask for autographs if they're at the top of the Music career. What other things like that are there for when you're at the top of other careers?

Yep, each career has special perks, often at several rungs along the ladder. The Military, Political, and Musical Career all have unique recognition interactions for their top level, as you've already mentioned. I really would rather not give out -everything- on a given career. We all need a few surprises! But suffice it to say, each career has 3-5 unique perks, either in things your Sims can do outside of work, or during it. If you want to know about the top level of a given career, just ask, and I'll be glad to outline it, but to go through all of the pay and bonuses and perks for each level of a given career would take a LOT of time. I would go so far as to say that each career in TS3 has as much interaction and 'stuff' to do and see as all of the careers in TS2 put together.

Akadai wrote:
I don't know what the guide says, but I can atleast say that military sims have the option to salute 'other' sims (which makes no sense to me, why would military salute civilians?)

People in the music career (and maybe some other careers?) have the option to hold autograph sessions, though I'm not sure if other sims can randomly ask for your autograph outside from holding a session. Maybe the great almighty guide knows?

The guide only mentions a Hold Autograph action a Sim can take at a given venue, like the theater or stadium. The goal is to sign as many autographs as possible, with more money coming in as more autographs are signed. I could be wrong, but I don't think it's random, and must always be initiated by the player, though your Sim can get a Celebrity moodlet, which will cause them to be randomly waved at by other Sims.

Last edited by Shadow on Sun May 31, 2009 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posts merged. - Shadow

Sat May 30, 2009 12:21 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

MTCason wrote:
Can you tell us if the guide says anything about sims recognizing other sims at the top of each career. I've read that people will salute your sim if they're at the top of the Military career or ask for autographs if they're at the top of the Music career. What other things like that are there for when you're at the top of other careers?

Yep, each career has special perks, often at several rungs along the ladder. The Military, Political, and Musical Career all have unique recognition interactions for their top level, as you've already mentioned. I really would rather not give out -everything- on a given career. We all need a few surprises! But suffice it to say, each career has 3-5 unique perks, either in things your Sims can do outside of work, or during it. If you want to know about the top level of a given career, just ask, and I'll be glad to outline it, but to go through all of the pay and bonuses and perks for each level of a given career would take a LOT of time. I would go so far as to say that each career in TS3 has as much interaction and 'stuff' to do and see as all of the careers in TS2 put together.

I understand. That would take forever. Thanks for the info though. Could you outline the top level of the Journalism career if it's not too much trouble?

Sat May 30, 2009 12:24 am
Profile WWW
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

I understand. That would take forever. Thanks for the info though. Could you outline the top level of the Journalism career if it's not too much trouble?

Not too much trouble at all. The top level of the Journalism career, Star News Anchor, boils down as follows:

Works M, W, T, F from 8 AM until 12 PM (4 hours)

Earns $1,532 per day.
Earns $6,128 per week.
Earns $300 per week in pension after they retire.

At the top level, a Journalism Sim gets a new social: Tell Intriguing News Story. This gives a huge boost in relationship to the Sim they're talking to. It can be used several times in a row before losing its effectiveness. Journalism Sims can also write stories and reviews from their computers, taking far less time than writing a novel. These are essential for promotion. Each completed story or review winds up in your Sim's inventory as an actual object. To get material for stories and reviews, your roving reporter must interview other Sims about town, and can review sporting events at the Stadium as well as restaurants. Journalism Sims will also automatically advance their Writing skill while at the office, allowing them to write more lucrative novels in their free time as a side effect.

I should also mention that there are, by my count, 300 Opportunities, those neat little multiple-choice events that can happen to your Sim while on the job! These will allow your Sim to earn extra money, boost work performance, and earn all sorts of goodies. You can refuse to do them without consequence, some of them are timed, and you can only have one opportunity at a time going on.

Last edited by MTCason on Sat May 30, 2009 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 30, 2009 12:35 am
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

Hi all :)

I've been thinking (again, lol!) about something... When I am going to play The Sims 3, I am gonna play with the story progression off, but I do wanna try it out sooner or later... So I thought, is it possible to have story progression off/on on two different save slots? I mean, if I'm playing with one neighbourhood with the story mode off, is it possible to play with another neighbourhood with it on? I asked my boyfriend about this, but he wasn't sure too. So yeah, can I have two different neighbourhood with different settings?? :smile:

Sat May 30, 2009 12:37 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

I'm afraid the guide says nothing at all about the game's options, and not having the game, I can't offer any help. Sorry.

Sat May 30, 2009 12:38 am
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

Name: Amanda
omg, so.. much.. to.. read! :drool:
Cant wait. ^.^

I like the name Juliet lol, from Romeo and Juliet :)

Sat May 30, 2009 12:39 am
Simmer
Simmer

can you tell us more about the criminal track?

Also thanks for this. Its making the last few days of waiting tolerable

Sat May 30, 2009 12:42 am
Friendly Neighbour
Friendly Neighbour

Thank you for all the info! Something I am dying to know:
How many traits are there officially in total, including the hidden one(s)?
Are there any traits not currently mentioned on Snooty's list; if so, what are they?

Sat May 30, 2009 12:46 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Icewolf wrote:
Hi all :)

I've been thinking (again, lol!) about something... When I am going to play The Sims 3, I am gonna play with the story progression off, but I do wanna try it out sooner or later... So I thought, is it possible to have story progression off/on on two different save slots? I mean, if I'm playing with one neighbourhood with the story mode off, is it possible to play with another neighbourhood with it on? I asked my boyfriend about this, but he wasn't sure too. So yeah, can I have two different neighbourhood with different settings?? :smile:

yes but you will hafta keep changing the story progression everytime u switch neighborhoods

Sat May 30, 2009 12:46 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Colty Colt wrote:
Are there any traits not currently mentioned on Snooty's list; if so, what are they?

64, with the hidden one, Pyromaniac, the only one not on Snooty's list.

Sat May 30, 2009 12:48 am
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

Name: Yasi
I'm annoyed that materialistic is not a sim trait :sad:

Sat May 30, 2009 12:52 am
Friendly Neighbour
Friendly Neighbour

MTCason wrote:
Colty Colt wrote:

64, with the hidden one, Pyromaniac, the only one not on Snooty's list.

Is Conversationalist a Trait still? I see it on Snooty's list, but I haven't seen it in any of the videos that have been posted.

Sat May 30, 2009 12:52 am
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Name: Nyx
wowerz! again your awesome MTCarson. :smile2:

Any info about the world re-known surgeon, the top of the medical career? :ohyeah:

Sat May 30, 2009 12:55 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Simtastic Voyage wrote:
can you tell us more about the criminal track?

Also thanks for this. Its making the last few days of waiting tolerable

Sure!

As you may have seen from the videos of people playing TS3, the Criminal career track branches off at Level 7 to either Thief or Evil.

The Thief Branch culminates at the Master Thief tier, which shakes down like this:

Works SU, T, F, and S, from 9 PM until 1 AM (4 hours)

Earns $2,100 per day.
Earns $8,400 per week.
Earns $400 per week in pension after they retire.

A Master Thief receives a very valuable and unique statue in their inventory, called The Fox. This statue can be placed on their lot, and will give a huge environmental bonus. Whenever they view the statue, they'll get a positive moodlet. Thieves all earn the Sneak interaction, preventing other Sims from detecting you if you're coming into their lot. You can actually ROB other Sims while performing this interaction.

The Evil Branch, ending at Emperor of Evil is thus:

Works M, T, F from 9 PM until 2 AM (5 hours)

Earns $2,100 per day.
Earns $6,300 per week.
Earns $300 per week in pension after they retire.

At the top of their craft, Evil sims get an Aura of Evil. This has a negative impact on Sims who are Cowardly, Loser, or Neurotic. Those negatively impacted will flee in terror from the mere sight of your Sim. Other Evil Sims will, of course, be very positively impacted by your Aura of Evil.

All Criminal sims will occasionally come home with an object in their personal inventory snatched while on the job. They can also do the Side Job tone while at work to earn a bit of extra cash, but this takes away from getting to better know your Accomplices (co-workers), which is necessary for career advancement.

Sat May 30, 2009 12:59 am

Name: angie
Oh! Oh! Oh! I thought of another question!!!! *waves her hand wildly*

In the Sims 2 if someone were to woohoo, everyone else on the lot knew about it. Is that still the case? I like my married couples to be entirely faithful to one another but if they have enough free will to choose to act when I'm not looking, I'm afraid I'm going to have lots of marital dischord.

Sat May 30, 2009 1:01 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

cinamoroll12 wrote:

Any info about the world re-known surgeon, the top of the medical career? :ohyeah:

The World Renowned Surgeon is like this:

Works M, T, TH, F from 9 AM until 2 PM (5 hours)

Earns $2,400 per day.
Earns $9,600 per week.
Earns $460 per week in pension when they retire.

The World Renowned Surgeon comes with a special tone: Play Golf. Use this at work to eliminate stress without detriment to career performance. It will keep your Medical Sim much happier, free from the stress that plagues a lot of the lower tiers in the Medical path, and helps them pull in great paychecks and continue on progression towards more pay rises, which, as a reminder, NEVER reach an end, so you can take that $9,600 per week and increase it as high as your patience and the lifespan of your Sim will allow.

angie wrote:
Oh! Oh! Oh! I thought of another question!!!! *waves her hand wildly*

In the Sims 2 if someone were to woohoo, everyone else on the lot knew about it. Is that still the case? I like my married couples to be entirely faithful to one another but if they have enough free will to choose to act when I'm not looking, I'm afraid I'm going to have lots of marital dischord.

The guide doesn't say, unfortunately.

Last edited by Shadow on Sun May 31, 2009 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posts merged. - Shadow

Sat May 30, 2009 1:06 am
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Name: Nyx
MTCason wrote:
cinamoroll12 wrote:

The World Renowned Surgeon is like this:

Works M, T, TH, F from 9 AM until 2 PM (5 hours)

Earns $2,400 per day.
Earns $9,600 per week.
Earns $460 per week in pension when they retire.

The World Renowned Surgeon comes with a special tone: Play Golf. Use this at work to eliminate stress without detriment to career performance. It will keep your Medical Sim much happier, free from the stress that plagues a lot of the lower tiers in the Medical path, and helps them pull in great paychecks and continue on progression towards more pay rises, which, as a reminder, NEVER reach an end, so you can take that $9,600 per week and increase it as high as your patience and the lifespan of your Sim will allow.

Thank you! :hug:

Sat May 30, 2009 1:10 am
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

Name: Bryan
MTCason wrote:
make happy - sets all mood/moodlets for everyone in the house to perfect and removes negative moodlets

Thank heavens! When I heard maxmotives was gone, I was going to have a heart attack!

June 2nd
<3

Sat May 30, 2009 1:15 am
Profile WWW

Name: Julia
Sorry to bother you again but can you explain more about the traits hot-temper, clumsy and commitment issues. Thanks

Sat May 30, 2009 1:29 am
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

Name: Yasi
*quick question* If we buy an item in the store under the young adult category but it's also in the adult category can we use it when creating sims in both categories or do we have to buy it twice. and sorry if this has already been asked i haven't read through the whole thread

Sat May 30, 2009 2:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next