View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Unable to install any Sims 2 expansion pack!! 
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

Post Unable to install any Sims 2 expansion pack!!
Hello there how's it going? I'm having a problem installing expansion packs on my laptop. I was successfully able to install the base Sims 2 game but when I tried to install an expansion (University) after the installation process was complete, a popup appeared saying something like "This product will now ensure your existing installation is up to date" so I went ahead and clicked "OK" and then it asked me to insert my Sims 2 DVD..which was inserted since I have the base game and the expansions pack that I want all on one 9GBs DVD, and each time I click on "OK" it keeps prompting me to insert the Sims 2 DVD. Now I should point out at this point that the DVD I have isn't..ugh...*cough* leg...al *cough* but can you please not judge me? I moved to Lebanon from Syria few months ago running away from the war and I kinda don't have enough money to purchase the original copy :/ and this game really keeps my mind off of a lot of things and it would be really nice to be able to install the expansions so any help would be greatly appreciated I tried installing almost all expansion packs that I have and they all resulted in the same issue: Installation reaches 100% -> tells me that it will insure that my game is up to date -> keeps asking me to insert the Sims 2 DVD I looked all over the internet and couldn't find a solution, found some posts of people having the same issue but none of the fixes worked for me, i've been trying on this for about a week now..

My specs are:
Laptop: MacBook Pro Late 2013 (I'm installing the game on a bootcamp partition though)
RAM: 16GB
CPU: Intel Core i7-4850HQ 2.30GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M

Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]