View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 How has this game manage to age well? 
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Post How has this game manage to age well?
It's still fun even today despite a lot of the references being dated which adds to the nostalgia factor. University makes me wonder what the college environment was like when this expansion pack was released. Especially since cellphones in the game were a rare commodity. It's like playing Vice City or San Andreas for the ambiance of the 80's and 90's.

Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:15 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: La
Post Re: How has this game manage to age well?
LOL, I definitely did not have a cell phone when the Sims 2 was released. It is a sign of the times that they were not automatically included with every sim and that most households needed to have a house phone if they wanted to talk to friends and neighbors. :laugh:

Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:56 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Lola001 wrote:
LOL, I definitely did not have a cell phone when the Sims 2 was released. It is a sign of the times that they were not automatically included with every sim and that most households needed to have a house phone if they wanted to talk to friends and neighbors. :laugh:

> 2008 + 7
> not having a house phone

Don't households still have a main line though?

Every house should. Keep the mobile numbers for individual family members.

Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:13 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Spode wrote:
Lola001 wrote:

> 2008 + 7
> not having a house phone

Don't households still have a main line though?

Every house should. Keep the mobile numbers for individual family members.

I have been living on my own for a while so I don't have a land line at home, just my cell phone. If I had a husband and kids, then I would definitely have a land line.

I think the Sims 2 ages so well because there's so much to do! I go back and forth between Sims 2 and Sims 4 right now but I'm more excited about my Sims 2 game. It's a little more of a challenge, especially pregnancy and raising toddlers, and I like that. I also like that the families I'm not playing on stay stagnant. It gives me endless hours of entertainment, going from house to house.

That being said, I did get completely bored with the Sims 2 at the end of its run. It would still be fun to play because of the nostalgia factor but I would probably spend more time with the Sims 4 if it had toddlers.

Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:28 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Sims 4 is more or less Sims 2 anyway with the little added features of Sims 3.

I really want to play Sims 3 again, but it requires so much hard drive space that if you try to crame it onto any drive it runs slow as the dickens.

I might look into getting an external hard drive just for this game alone.

Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:00 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

I played the Sims 3 a few weeks ago and it was awesome but eventually the little bugs started creeping in again and it eventually started to run really slowly and I got frustrated with it. The Sims 4 feels, to me, like a hybrid between Sims 2 and Sims 3 but at the same time, it doesn't measure up to either one in terms of gameplay. Sims 4 build mode is fantastic, as is CAS, but the live mode, which is the most important part for me, falls short.

Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:06 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Lola001 wrote:
I played the Sims 3 a few weeks ago and it was awesome but eventually the little bugs started creeping in again and it eventually started to run really slowly and I got frustrated with it. The Sims 4 feels, to me, like a hybrid between Sims 2 and Sims 3 but at the same time, it doesn't measure up to either one in terms of gameplay. Sims 4 build mode is fantastic, as is CAS, but the live mode, which is the most important part for me, falls short.

Sims 4 is more like the Sims 2 if the little features (i.e. disable autonomy for select sim, etc) were introduced then instead of a new game.

I still miss Bridgeport and Los Aniegos though. ;_;

Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:58 am
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

Name: Andrew
Lola001 wrote:
Sims 4 build mode is fantastic, as is CAS, but the live mode, which is the most important part for me, falls short.

Yeah this just about sums it up for me. I LOVE CAS, the build mode is great too, but the game gets boring so quickly. I havent played a game past 2 generations tbh...

Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]