View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 9:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 The Sims 2 UC SecuROM 
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Post The Sims 2 UC SecuROM
All week I struggled with trying to play The Sims 2 on a 2nd computer and it kept saying that the license key had been reached. No matter how many times I uninstall then reinstall back on the computer, I got the same message.

Now I need to see if SecuROM is what's blocking me from playing on another computer....I had tried everything - used my Origin account, created a new account, punched in a different license key number, went into the registry to remove the game etc...nothing allowed me to play (I could download and install but couldn't play) I totally forgot about SecuROM

If you have the same issues or concerns, SimsVIP posted step by step on how to remove it.

http://simsvip.com/2014/07/31/removing-securom-from-the-sims-2-ultimate-collection/#comment-this-topic

Origin ID: MJSimKat_14
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MJSimKat

Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:53 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: La
Post Re: The Sims 2 UC SecuROM
Are you having trouble with the free Ultimate Collection from Origin? I have installed it on three computers and haven't had any problems. I wonder why?

Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:36 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Post Re: The Sims 2 UC SecuROM
Lola001 wrote:
Are you having trouble with the free Ultimate Collection from Origin? I have installed it on three computers and haven't had any problems. I wonder why?

Hey,

It worked fine on my new laptop, (I have to get a replacement though because the headphone jack broke).

I tried to save the Sims 2 UC exe. File and transfer it over to a 2nd laptop instead of downloading it again from Origin and it asked for a keycode. I don't know why but I put in the Sims 2 base game code and it didn't work. Then I went online and put in the Fun with Pets Collection code and it didn't allow me to put in a different code after or accept it.

So I downloaded from my account, tried to play it and the same message popped up and said the license key had been reached. I created another Origin account for a family member, downloaded it and still didn't work.

I thought you could download the game onto multiple computers under 1 Origin Account can you not?

So I'm thinking it's the SecuROM preventing from playing...I'm not too worried about it (I have all EPs) but I did want my mom to try it. I haven't tried downloading it onto my old laptop or desktop yet to see if it's just her laptop.

Origin ID: MJSimKat_14
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MJSimKat

Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]