View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 The release of the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection 

Post The release of the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection
Origin has announced that they will be releasing the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. This Collection will include all expansions, not sure if it will have all stuff packs. The game will be in your Origin "My Games" file by July 22.

Yeah :dance2: I got mine :party: I'm installing all my downloads back into my game. To me this is the best Sims game yet! Wish that they had just added the color wheel and detached shoes from the outfits.

Last edited by Shellyrae593 on Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:42 am
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

Name: Andrew
Post Re: The release of the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection
Shellyrae593 wrote:
Origin has announced that they will be releasing the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. This Collection will include all expansions, not sure if it will have all stuff packs. The game will be in your Origin "My Games" file by July 22.

Mine actually came in today, it may depend on your area I suppose? I bought a couple of TS2 expansions on Origin so they gave me the complete collection :dance:

Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:54 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: La
I got that email as well! That's really cool because I lent my physical copy of the base game to a friend a while ago and she lost it. I might actually re-install TS2 and play for a while once I get it. I just checked Origin and it's there! Oooooh, I might not do anything but play Sims 2 today... :dance:

Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:57 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Charlie
I don't have an origin account but I have over half the sims 2 expansion packs... I still play the game is there a way I can get this too?? :3

Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:08 pm

@ Charlie, I read that you will need to sign up for a Origin account and register at least one game to get the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. You may have to talk to one of their reps because most of the games were out before Origin was attached to EA to register your game.

Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:02 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

I am completely obsessed with the Sims 2 again! It is really hard compared to Sims 3 though! I was playing today and my pregnant sim suddenly died of starvation and then her three other children were taken away by the social worker because their father was at work. I had to quit without saving that part so I could go back and fix that! :laugh:

Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:50 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
Lola001 wrote:
I am completely obsessed with the Sims 2 again! It is really hard compared to Sims 3 though! I was playing today and my pregnant sim suddenly died of starvation and then her three other children were taken away by the social worker because their father was at work. I had to quit without saving that part so I could go back and fix that! :laugh:

I reinstalled it on my Mac (which was such a pain because of incompatibility) and I've been liking it so far! I had one of my sims cheat on his soon-to-be-wife and I forgot how severe cheating in TS2 was!!! I ended up quitting without saving haha!

Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:48 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Charlie wrote:
I don't have an origin account but I have over half the sims 2 expansion packs... I still play the game is there a way I can get this too?? :3

Charlie, all you have to do is just follow the instructions below and put in the code! :dance:
[url]
http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-ge ... ollection/ [/url]

WOW this game is bringing back so many memories! I remember how I used to play hours and hours of the Sims 2 compared to the Sims 3 lol.

Just one question: did anybody experience graphic issues? I would get blocks of images or half the screen would disappear and reappear in less than a second. It's hard to describe but maybe I could print screenshot it later. It only happens when I move the camera around. Maybe my screen resolution is set to high, idk I have to play around with it but other than that, it's perfect! :dance:

Origin ID: MJSimKat_14
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MJSimKat

Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:53 pm
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

chippy wrote:
Charlie wrote:

Charlie, all you have to do is just follow the instructions below and put in the code! :dance:
[url]

WOW this game is bringing back so many memories! I remember how I used to play hours and hours of the Sims 2 compared to the Sims 3 lol.

Just one question: did anybody experience graphic issues? I would get blocks of images or half the screen would disappear and reappear in less than a second. It's hard to describe but maybe I could print screenshot it later. It only happens when I move the camera around. Maybe my screen resolution is set to high, idk I have to play around with it but other than that, it's perfect! :dance:

There might be some compatibility issues if you have a new OS? I know I have lots of graphic issues but its because I have one of those intel hd graphic cards so I had to change some settings in a notepad.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:30 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Waifunator wrote:
chippy wrote:
Charlie wrote:

[url]

There might be some compatibility issues if you have a new OS? I know I have lots of graphic issues but its because I have one of those intel hd graphic cards so I had to change some settings in a notepad.

I'm using Windows 8 with intel CORE i7 so that could explain it. What exactly did you change in the settings in the notepad? Maybe I could try it and see if it works.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:35 pm
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

Sorry I don't remember what I did exactly, I reinstalled TS2 & all the expansion packs about a year ago. :sad:

If you're having any of the same issues as this person try out this, http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5446 .

Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:48 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Waifunator wrote:
Sorry I don't remember what I did exactly, I reinstalled TS2 & all the expansion packs about a year ago. :sad:

If you're having any of the same issues as this person try out this, http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5446 .

Thanks!! I'll try these solutions when I get home. ;-)

Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:59 pm
Adrenergic
Adrenergic

Name: Kristin
I downloaded this today. :D Man, going back to playing Sims 2 is so different. The only problem I have is the resolution I guess because the one on my iMac is so high? Idk. Maybe I need to play around with it more. Or maybe it's just the game and I've forgotten how things look. I don't know, but some things look wonky but when I get up close to a sim or something and it looks fine.

Oh I just looked at the link in the post above mine. xD I'm having that black box issue too (though I'm running Windows 7, not Windows 8). It doesn't bother me too much. I can't change my shadows though. They're locked in at high. I think I am having a problem with my driver though. It says it's updated but Windows threw a bitch fit about my graphics driver for some reason. I'm a little wary of messing with it though since I'm dual booting.

Anyway! I'm excited to play around with Sims 2 again. :D

John: I call shotgun.
Cameron: I call nine millimeter.

Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:12 am
Profile WWW
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

I'm running it on a crappy Acer laptop with Windows 7 and my graphics are fine. Hopefully you guys can get that figured out!

Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:25 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

I just asked somebody in the EA live chat today if I could have The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and after I showed them picture proof of one of my Sims 2 games (Nightlife was the only one I could find the serial code for) they added it to my Origin account! :dance:

I'm super excited because I only ever played the base game and the first four expansions (I never played Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time or Apartment Life, plus any the stuff packs after Pets) and I also didn't start adding mods/cc to my games until The Sims 3. So I'm on the hunt now for loads of custom content (and I'm being surprisingly successful at finding cool stuff)

The Sims 2 was my favourite Sims experience. I can't wait to play it again. (but I'll have to because I'm only at 20% downloaded after about 2-3 hours. Oh boy....)

Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:35 pm
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

That's awesome!! I must say that, even after playing Sims 3 and 4, I LOVED going back to Sims 2 and I still do quite often. I would rather plan Sims 2 over Sims 3 right now, sometimes even over Sims 4. There will be a lot for you to check out with all the new content you'll get! I'll give you a tip - be careful with pregnant sims on vacation. I have had more than one pregnant sim die while on vacation because I couldn't get her fed fast enough. I forgot how much more difficult it is to keep Sims' motives up in 2 than it is in 3 or 4!

Have fun!

Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:02 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Lola001 wrote:
That's awesome!! I must say that, even after playing Sims 3 and 4, I LOVED going back to Sims 2 and I still do quite often. I would rather plan Sims 2 over Sims 3 right now, sometimes even over Sims 4. There will be a lot for you to check out with all the new content you'll get! I'll give you a tip - be careful with pregnant sims on vacation. I have had more than one pregnant sim die while on vacation because I couldn't get her fed fast enough. I forgot how much more difficult it is to keep Sims' motives up in 2 than it is in 3 or 4!

Have fun!

Thanks. :)

I was looking but I'm surprised I haven't found a mod that slowed down the decay of motives. Something like that seems pretty obvious.

Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]