View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 twins glitch? 
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

Post twins glitch?
Okay, story time!

So a while back I decided to make Kaylynn Langerak a playable sim, so I had her move in with Don Lothario and while she was there, she happened to get pregnant. I figured the house wasn't big enough and that Don wouldn't miss her (since I didn't want to move him out of his house), so I gave her her own place. She eventually had twins (without forcetwins, which tends to happen incredibly rarely, in my game at least), Seth and Lucas (both have black hair and green eyes). More time passed and they grew up and Kaylynn and Don grew apart, and since I don't have any particular attachment to the Pleasant family, I had her invite over Daniel Pleasant and she got pregnant again. Three days passed and she had, you guessed it, twins (boy and girl, Chase and Marni). Didn't use forcetwins either time.

Weird, right? But the double-no-cheat-twins isn't even the weirdest part. The second set of twins both have green eyes, but Chase has red hair and Marni is blonde. It's strange that Chase got his father's red hair instead of his mother's black hair, but it's much stranger that Marni got blonde hair from absolutely nowhere.

Can anyone explain this? I haven't had any of these issues with any of my other sims/families.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:32 am
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Name: Erhama
Roleplay: Roxlar Trein
Post Re: twins glitch?
It probably passed on from Daniel's grand/parents or Kaylynn's grand/parents?

Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:50 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
I agree with Erry. It never happened to me in Sims 2, but If sims 3 shares the same genetics I had one sims that was blonde from his grandfather. His mother had gotten the grandmother's hair, and her fathers hair passed on. From that situation, 3 kids had 3 different hair colors; one their mothers, one their fathers, and the other passed down from their grandfather. I wanted to see what the 4th one's get, but I guess it'a a bit late for that

Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:56 pm
Interrupted by Fireworks
Interrupted by Fireworks

Name: Tess
If you open up Kaylynn Langerak's information on SimPE it shows that Kaylynn's natural hair color is actually blonde, and probably dyed it black.

I hope that helps and makes it more clear now. :smile:

Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:35 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Yes, Kaylynn's natural hair color is blonde. It's dyed black.

Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:27 pm
Roomie
Roomie

Roleplay: Shiloh Monroe
But then why is her hair black in The Sims 3 when she is a child? The blonde hair in SimPE could be a mistake made by EA (just like deleting Bella Goth... Still mad about that) You and I both know EA has made a ton of mistakes with the Sims, they are getting lazier.

All I know is that I'm growing up so fast and it's scary as hell and I've got to get out of here!

Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:40 pm
Interrupted by Fireworks
Interrupted by Fireworks

Name: Tess
5M0K3 wrote:
But then why is her hair black in The Sims 3 when she is a child? The blonde hair in SimPE could be a mistake made by EA (just like deleting Bella Goth... Still mad about that) You and I both know EA has made a ton of mistakes with the Sims, they are getting lazier.

It probably was a mistake, who knows. Her hair being blonde and then dyed black in The Sims 2 has no relevance to Kaylynn having black hair in The Sims 3.

The point is, the creators meant for Kaylynn to have Black hair, and if the creators made her hair Blonde in The Sims 3 people would be confused.

Maybe they made her hair have naturally blonde because it's recessive to red hair, so when Her and Daniel would have children the offspring would usually possess red hair? As said before, who really knows.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:43 am
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

The will have twins more often as by the game she is treated like she has a twin

Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:33 pm
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

karlissa wrote:
The will have twins more often as by the game she is treated like she has a twin

true, its because as mentioned before she has a "token" for twins

Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]