View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 Maxmotive Addiction? 
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Name: Ashlee
Post Maxmotive Addiction?
Hello. My name is Seren, and I am addicted to "maxmotives." I thought I was cured. I played TS3, where it's easier to maintain numerous Sims, and got used to it. Now I'm back to TS2, and I'm being driven insane by only . . . *counts* four adults, a toddler, and now a baby. I had to give up their dog, a lovely Rottweiler named Angel. In TS3, I was very good about not using cheats to bring their moods up, but now I keep finding myself slipping more and more often. And then playing the family (a legacy) becomes less fun and rewarding because I'm cheating, and that's when the game starts to get monotonous for me.

Anyone else have this problem? Have any tips on how to quit with the maxmotive-ness? :/

Seren

[EDIT: Happy 100 posts to me. :p]

Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:41 am
Profile YIM WWW
Adrenergic
Adrenergic

Name: Kristin
Post Re: Maxmotive Addiction?
Oh I'm so with you that it's easier to keep motives up in TS3. I thought I had gone insane too when I switched back to TS2.

See I'd be insane with 4 adults, a toddler and a baby. Actually I had exactly that not long ago. XD I had to split them up after another baby came along.

A way to stop... hmm Well I don't know. : / You'll get back used to the motives decaying faster. But in the mean time take it slow. Try controlling them less and leaving them to their own devices (which I know is hard cause I'm a controlling player XD). Make good use of the energizer too!

John: I call shotgun.
Cameron: I call nine millimeter.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:47 am
Profile WWW
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Charlie
I have this very same addiction.

I feel the only way to cure it is stop playing the family, and start a fresh one. Then urge yourself not to use the cheats... and the moment you use one... you'll use thousands :l

Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:55 pm
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Name: Ashlee
At least I'm not the only one. No, you're probably right about starting over with a new family. Because with my current one, I just use one cheat and told myself I wouldn't do anymore, and now I've been using "maxmotives" saying, "Oh, just until she has the baby." Blah. I need to stop. It's annoying, and it's a fun-sucker.

Thanks for the help, y'all. ;)

Seren

Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:29 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Misplaced
Misplaced

Name: Ayo
Roleplay: Anya - Sam
Meep, I'm way addicted to Maxmotives with Sims 2, I try really hard not to use it and keep my sims motives up, but every once in a while one of them does something stupid like forgetting to eat and I slide the hunger tab up. heh *guilty*
I can't stop /:

Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:55 pm
Simmer
Simmer

I thought I was alone :O. I use it to build skills. I have a promblem with making super sims -_-. Potty training a toddler is difficult in TS2. He/she would also have low energy as well as bladder.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:05 am
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

I don't but I use the feature in the Free Drink of Life to max motives when my sims have toddlers, so they can work on their skills instead of sleeping. :bub:

Download it, it's much easier to use than to put in the cheat everytime.

http://nene.modthesims.info/download.php?t=278308

Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:12 am
come hither
come hither

I have used it before when I'm in dire need and my sims children are failing school and everything is in complete chaos and a sim is on the verge of getting taken away by social services or dying...
but i'm mostly addicted to motherlode :'[
I'm always like i will have my sims earn their money! and then i get bored and use motherlode and buy them fun things.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:44 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
Heres a hint for you, that in a way helped me. Just let their needs go. Sims NEVER die in this game. They get a negative moodlet and thats about it. Just take care ofo them and your honestly fine. I noticed that hunger and bladder are no problem in the mornings, because they take care of those at work. Fun? That goes up in no time. I find myself using testingCheatsEnabled to pull stuff up all the time, but i've been finding that its not that hard to play the game the other way at all!

Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:17 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Name: Sarah
i downloaded a mod that slows down motive decay. it's WAY helpful. it keeps me from cheating and helps me still enjoy gameplay :)

I know there are troubles of more than one kind, they come from ahead and they come from behind. But I've brought a big bat, I'm all ready, you see. Now my troubles are gunna have troubles with me. ~Dr. Suess~

Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:46 am
Interrupted by Fireworks
Interrupted by Fireworks

Name: Tess
In my legacy challenge I one time had 7 sims in a household. Two elders (who always have to pee all the time), a teenage boy, two adult sims, and the worst....two twin TODDLERS.

Sometimes it would get really hard to make everyone happy and would even sometimes make me want to stop playing.

One little thing that I do when situations get tough is I love to do is a buy a buffet table and serve meals. Instead of having to wait to make food for everyone in the house the buffet instantly serves turkey, salad, and gelatin and the turkey is definitely an instant hunger boost. :smile:

Hunger is the only thing that really is important to a sims needs. However, usually when doing this idea I become so used to the buffet and how it makes things so much easier that most of my sims end up getting fat :laugh:. They also gain no cooking skills whatsoever, so I always end up deleting the buffet. But I delete it when the household is finally under control, and in my case, when the toddler twins turn into teenagers. :smile:

---

On another note I severely suffer from needing to use maxmotives when it comes to The Sims 1. NEEDS are so HARD in the original The Sims. Your sim wakes up at 6 am, and is dead tired at 6 pm. They typically eat about 6 meals a day, shower twice, pee a lot, and really no time to learn any skills. It's too hard...so I just usually buy a maxmotive object. :laugh: Plus I find the game funner that way anyway.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:39 am
Roomie
Roomie

Roleplay: Shiloh Monroe
My Sims are in college, there are four girls and four guys, La Fiesta Tech, in a 16 room dorm. So I have a LOT of people. They drive me insane. :evilpoke: :stab: And once I discovered cheats I wasn't able to live without them. My computer crashed from overusing boolprop and I STILL haven't learned. Besides boolprop the two cheats I used way too much were motherlode and maxmotives. What got me off of maxmotives was the fact that the game just gets too boring. Not to mention my Sims just kinda stood around and stared at each other. :winknudge: And I thought "That's not what college is like!" because nobody was passed out and nobody was peeing themselves instead of using the bathroom... Okay, so people don't really pee themself in college... But now I realized I'm horrible at taking care of my Sims, so I make sure someone has a super uber high relationship with someone so in case one of my Sims starves (which has been happening a lot lately.) someone can plea for them. Happy Simming!

All I know is that I'm growing up so fast and it's scary as hell and I've got to get out of here!

Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:49 pm
Simmer
Simmer

Name: Riley
When I played Sims 2, I had a maxmotives and boolProp addiction, now with Sims 3, not so much.

Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:49 pm
Roomie
Roomie

In the Sims 3 boolprop (or just testingcheatsenabled true) hardly does ANYTHING, and for max motives you have to go all the way to the mailbox and that bothers me.

All I know is that I'm growing up so fast and it's scary as hell and I've got to get out of here!

Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:34 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

I don't really use cheats as much in sims 3... Super Comander and AwesomeMod keep me in charge of what foe on in the neighborhood, but I usually leave motives and stuff alone. I think testingCheatsEnabled is on by default in my game somehow. I nee to turn that off because apparently that screws stuff up.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:40 pm
Roomie
Roomie

Swatme101 wrote:
I don't really use cheats as much in sims 3... Super Comander and AwesomeMod keep me in charge of what foe on in the neighborhood, but I usually leave motives and stuff alone. I think testingCheatsEnabled is on by default in my game somehow. I nee to turn that off because apparently that screws stuff up.

Can cheats be on by default? :con:

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:43 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

5M0K3 wrote:
Swatme101 wrote:

Can cheats be on by default? :con:

With mods they can!

Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:27 pm
Roomie
Roomie

Ooh what mod is that? :winknudge:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:24 am
Custom Title
Custom Title

5M0K3 wrote:
Ooh what mod is that? :winknudge:

Theres multiple ones but I'm pretty sure you can do it with Awesome Mod or Super Commander.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:14 am
Roomie
Roomie

I used to have Awesome Mod but I decided it wasn't all that awesome. I didn't get any new careers (like it said) pretty much the only thing that changed was I got the "Stupid" trait... But it didn't do anything.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]