View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 244 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Unused Accessories Megathread: Your #1 Guide to Cut Content 
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

Post Unused Accessories Megathread: Your #1 Guide to Cut Content
What is an unused accessory? “An unused accessory are clothing/genetics that appears in a picture (usually a family tree or a storytelling picture) but does not appear in the game. This occurs in The Sims and The Sims 2, though it is much more noticeable in The Sims 2. There are a few examples of Sims such as Irma Oldie and Gertrude Beaker that appear to use these accessories. Here is a gallery of a few pictures showing Sims with unused accessories. Its mostly seen on females.”

Here we have Kynda Pleasant. Her hair was removed from the game, and replaced with an ugly hair of the same shape. Better than some of the default hairs, its a shame they removed it.

A french braid. Extremely similar to a hair already in the game, worn by the Social Worker. Nighat Caliente, Cornelia Goth, Mama Lothario and Mags Newbie all have this hairstyle.

Irma Oldie's beehive hairdo. This was a hairstyle in the Sims 1 too. Judging by screenshots featuring Sims wearing this hair, this hairstyle made it quite far into production before being dropped.

I know what your thinking... this hair IS in the game, but without a fringe. Pretty ugly.

Darleen Dreamer wears this hairstyle. Rather similar to a hairstyle already in the game.

Caliban Capp of Veronaville. This hairstyle is also worn by Mortimer Goth in storytelling pictures and can be seen in one of the early Sims 2 trailers. This is the alternate picture of him found with SimPE. Everyone in Veronaville has a picture of them as an elder, and an adult. I'm guessing this was because early in production, Sim's appearances after they aged were pre-determined. The 3 base neighborhoods were created backwards. Starting with Veronaville. The game was a lot different back then, but they didn't bother to change it. There's references to unused motives and other stuff...

And here's a few others...

What a strange hairstyle. Very badly made, so I'm guessing it was one of the first they made. Belongs to Melissa Sims buried in Olive Specter's garden.

The Smith family. Jill sure had nice hair as a toddler... pity they took it out.

Don, Cassandra and Mortimer in a storytelling pic. Mortimer and Don's hair are entirley absent from the game, as well as Cassandra's dress.

Mortimer and Alexander also have different hair here.

Trinculo Arlecchino from Veronaville also has a weird moustache.

And there we have it... there is a few more but that's all I can do for now.

Thanks to various sources for the info!

Feel free to ask any questions!

Last edited by LiquidSquid on Mon May 07, 2012 12:25 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:22 pm
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

Post Strangetown Sims also differ
Almost all deceased Sims from Strangetown have no eyebrows... don't ask me why, but it seems to be the most glitched up Neighborhood ever! You'd think Veronaville would be glitchier, being created while the game was still beta and all...

Also, don't try to resurrect Lyla Grunt! She is extremely glitched and you will not like it!!!

If you clone her in SimPE her file will also crash BodyShop, and the file is also considerably bigger than an average sim file. Her character file is just seriously messed up.

Want pictures? Here you go. She looks different every time.
Spoiler:

Many sims can be resurrected without any trouble, but have weird DNA (makes them bad candidates for breeding) or no personality (0 in everything).

From MATY:
Strangetown sims with missing DNA:
Jenny Smith, Chloe Singles, Erin Singles, Lola Singles, Kristen Singles, Loki Beaker, Circe Beaker, General Buzz Grunt, (Lyla Grunt), Ripp Grunt, Vidcund Curious, Olive Specter, Ophelia Nigmos.

Strangetown sims with missing AND extra DNA:
Pollination Tech #9 Smith, Johnny Smith, Jill Smith, Tank Grunt, Buck Grunt.

Strangetown sims that are OK:
Ajay Loner, Nervous Subject, Pascal Curious, Lazlo Curious, all the townies.

Almost all of the Sims buried in Olive Specters garden have weird errors. For example, Ichabod Specter is 125 years old...

Ophelia's parents are elders.

Lyla Grunt is, well... just wrong!

Quote from MaxoidTom:
MaxoidTom wrote:
Unfortunately we shipped some sims with some data that was not quite correct with respect to resurrection. Those sims are supposed to be "unlinked," but were not marked correctly.

And there we have it.

Thanks to various sources for the info!

Last edited by LiquidSquid on Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:42 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
Post Re: Unused Accessories Megathread
Oh wow! Thats a lot of research! The only bit from that i have ever seen is the beehive hair. And also, i noticed things were fishy in the story telling pictures. I think it makes sence that Pleasantview is the star of the game, since it was created last thus the most practiced.

Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:32 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Name: Shanna
Rather interesting they left it there.

Almost like In Drift city, There is suppose to be a 5th city, but it's not in the English one yet.
The files are still there though. :spin:

Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:44 am
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

Post More stuff
Theres also a few objects that Maxis left out, but Numenor found them and put them on MTS, http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=4407.

On an unrelated matter, the game is filled with interesting little debug messages! If you try having 2 Sims marry with the AllMenus cheat, some little message pops up kindly asking the developer not to do that "because it's a pain to create a whole new Sim to move in".

Last edited by LiquidSquid on Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:14 am
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

Post Unused Accessories Megathread Part II
Some pre-made Sims come with accessories not available in CAS.

For example, Romeo Monty. His hat isn't in CAS, but IS in debug mode.

Same for Beau Broke. When he grows into a child, he has a hairstyle that can be accessed in CAS debug mode. The hidden style is very similar, but not identical, to an un-hidden style (the bangs are different, and possibly the texture?).

You can see it on Octavius Capp, too.

Pascal's glasses are obviously in the game, but they are not in CAS.

Mortimer Goth's appearance changes throughout the storytelling pictures. He starts off like this Image

and ends up looking like this Image

Every dead Sim in both Strangetown and Veronaville has 2 pictures. One as an adult and one as an elder. The elder pictures usually look totally different and have different eye color, etc.

For example: Patrick Jones.
and as an elder

Also, EVERY dead Strangetown Sim has no eyebrows. It's more glitched than Veronaville, but maybe Maxis did this on purpose, just to annoy people like me.

Sprite Gossamer was an adult with grey hair. Interesting. His outfit also seems to be blurred.

Nina's hair and Nighat's outfit are nowhere to be seen in the game...

Notzo Curious' glasses are not in the game.

Why would they delete these seemingly random items?

It's a shame these Sims have no character data and can't be resurrected. It would be really interesting to look at them up close.

Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:35 pm
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Knowing EA. Maybe they were going to hold it back for a EP but decided against it? :shrug:

Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:20 pm
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

Larku wrote:
Knowing EA. Maybe they were going to hold it back for a EP but decided against it? :shrug:

They DID release something similar to Mortimer's suit, in the Freetime expansion. And a "hip" version of his hair in Nightlife.

Last edited by LiquidSquid on Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:04 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Derek
The thing about Mortimer's hair REALLY pissed me off. What i did was bring back the real Bella, cloned his memories, made them ALL hers, and then age down Mortimer. The problem is, i couldn't find his suit at all, and his hair, i looked at both pictures, and got REALLY confused. >:o

P.S. your research inspired me to look through fullbuild0. All the .snaps (CAS pictures) seem normal to me, i haven't found anything too weird yet.

Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:19 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Name: Jawsh
I've been resurrecting the Pleasantview ancestors. (By re-creating them) And it has been REALLY hard! Most of them have stuff never used! And some of the Strangetown ancestors have the red/blue cardigan, but in a yellow and green recolour! Why, oh why, Maxis, did you take most of these things out? D: Some of them could look really nice... with some more detail, ect.

Bhu Friehndly also has un-used clothes.

Mary Melons is also another ancestor who doesn't have missing character data, and can be re-linked. Sadly she cannot be resurrected.

I am Electra Heart.

Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:40 am
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

Jawsh wrote:
I've been resurrecting the Pleasantview ancestors. (By re-creating them) And it has been REALLY hard! Most of them have stuff never used! And some of the Strangetown ancestors have the red/blue cardigan, but in a yellow and green recolour! Why, oh why, Maxis, did you take most of these things out? D: Some of them could look really nice... with some more detail, ect.

Bhu Friehndly also has un-used clothes.

Mary Melons is also another ancestor who doesn't have missing character data, and can be re-linked. Sadly she cannot be resurrected.

The problem is lazy Maxis/EA created these things at the start of the game, but didn't bother to update them, so just deleted them instead.

But I don't see why they would remove the yellow/turquoise cardigan, unless it was an accident.

Bhu Friehndly wears a blue coach uniform, which you can get with CAS debug mode. Mary Melons can be resurrected with SimPe or the InSimenator. The same thing applies to Glabe Curious.

Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:58 am
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

The game has changed an infinite amount since it first started.

For example, take this image. The whole look and feel of the game is different.

Last edited by LiquidSquid on Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:07 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

To be honest.

I miss what The Sims 2 felt like it was going to be.

When I was waiting for it I was playing Sims online.
There was talk of some things from there transferring over.
Hair and so fourth.

So I was going "yay I'll be able to make my Sim from here on there" Only to find they removed lot of things.

I mean, Just look at the pictures... Don't you get a different feel?
It's not like it looked horrid or anything, EAxis just Decided to remove a lot of it for no solid reason to be honest.

However, I must admit those feelings were no shared for Sims 3.
It ended up being just as I felt it was.
Rather thats good I don't know.

But lets hope in due time, That the feeling of sims won't feel like repeats, and become something new!

Though, I do miss actually building/running a Store Lately.

Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:22 am
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

Someone on The Exchange has unlocked some of the unused hair!

http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/uploads.php?user_id=1622001&asset_type=sim

This is so exciting! :grin:

simsbaby wrote:
There are several others. I should be able to get them working soon.
:excited:

Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:44 am
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Jack wrote:
Someone on The Exchange has unlocked some of the unused hair!

http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/uploads.php?user_id=1622001&asset_type=sim

This is so exciting! :grin:

simsbaby wrote:
There are several others. I should be able to get them working soon.
:excited:

Bob Newbie beard! 8DD Now we just need his hair... (He isn't completely bald, I remember seeing a tiny tiny bit of hair, I think)

The main hairs I want un-locked are the beehive, Jill's hair, Mortimer's hair and Brandi's old hair. (With more detail though)

Edit: You can do that with Mary Melons? I should probably try resurrecting her that way. I only tried with ChristianLov's Grim Phone.

I am Electra Heart.

Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:19 pm
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

Jawsh wrote:
Bob Newbie beard! 8DD Now we just need his hair... (He isn't completely bald, I remember seeing a tiny tiny bit of hair, I think)

The main hairs I want un-locked are the beehive, Jill's hair, Mortimer's hair and Brandi's old hair. (With more detail though)

Edit: You can do that with Mary Melons? I should probably try resurrecting her that way. I only tried with ChristianLov's Grim Phone.

Yes, you can resurrect her with SimPE then add her to the household with InSim's teleporter.

Unfortunately, most hairs like Mortimer's and Irma's beehive had their mesh deleted, so there is no way of ever getting them.

There is textures and a bunch of other references to them though.

Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:25 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Jack wrote:
Yes, you can resurrect her with SimPE then add her to the household with InSim's teleporter.

Unfortunately, most hairs like Mortimer's and Irma's beehive had their mesh deleted, so there is no way of ever getting them.

There is textures and a bunch of other references to them though.

I should probably try that. xD

Also, that sucks, alot. I hope there's similar meshes and textures somewhere. :/

I am Electra Heart.

Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:39 pm
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

Jawsh wrote:
I should probably try that. xD

Also, that sucks, alot. I hope there's similar meshes and textures somewhere. :/

The strange thing is, when you resurrect Mary she's as normal as can be. So is Glabe Curious. Unlike most Strangetown Sims who are FREAKS when resurrected.

I wonder why Maxis left her and Glabe, but deleted all the other ancestors?

Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:43 pm
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

*snip*

Last edited by LiquidSquid on Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:25 pm
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

And just as I thought... Notzo Curious glasses!

Theres one for females too!

Last edited by LiquidSquid on Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 244 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next