View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Testing Cheats Enabled True for Sims Medieval 
Well-Known Sim
Well-Known Sim

Location: Behind your fridge plotting with the dust bunnies to overtake you.
Post Testing Cheats Enabled True for Sims Medieval
So I think I may have found a way to make the children playable characters but for that I have to use the old testing cheats enabled trick... I've been trying to type it in the same way I always would, but it's not working. Does anyone know how to make it work for Sims Medieval.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:13 am
Profile WWW
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Post Re: Testing Cheats Enabled True for Sims Medieval
I managed to get it working, it's so much more awkward then in the Sims 3. It involves editing a file, but it's nothing too major.

Go to these folders in this order:

Program Files -> Electronic Arts -> The Sims Medieval -> GameData -> Shared -> NonPackaged -> Ini

Now that you're in the "Ini" folder you should see a file called Commands. Open it in notepad (by right clicking and choose to open in notepad.

You'll see this appear in notepad:

; Warning: Editing this file is not supported and could have unpredictable results.
; You might permanently damage your save file and/or game experience. Achievements,
; Ambitions, and Quests might become impossible to complete and the game could
; become stuck. There may be no way to recover. It is recommended that you backup
; your save game before making any changes to this file.

; Enables/disables advanced console cheat codes
[Config]
TestingCheatsEnabled=0

It's important that you only change one thing, change the 0 to a 1 and then save. You'll also have to right click the command file and go to preferences and edit so it's not read only. It's not too difficult but it's a bit cumbersome. You might not need to do this next part but for some reason I wasn't able to save it the first time...so what I did was make a copy of the command file and edit/save it elsewhere. I then deleted the command file and replaced it with the copy. It works in my game now and I can move the sims needs up and down too which is a lifesaver.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:56 pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

What are the other cheats that this ini change enables? Can you do anything with the children, like change their outfits?

EDIT: I just saw this picture online, so it must be possible somehow:
http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/9874/sonj.jpg

YET ANOTHER EDIT: Woo hoo, it is possible to make a child selectable so you can control him or her and change his or her hair & clothes! (Shift and right-click on the child.) But now I'm trying to figure out if you can de-select them too, so I can select another child. Seems like I can only have one active at a time. Hmmm....

An update: I was able to select a child, change her hair and clothes (Finally! She looks like a princess instead of a street urchin boy!!), and then de-select her. To de-select I had to hold down Shift and then do a double-right-click. Hope that helps someone else.

Last edited by Equilibrium on Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Please use the edit button, don't double post. And bump the topic.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:21 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Simstat wrote:
What are the other cheats that this ini change enables? Can you do anything with the children, like change their outfits?

EDIT: I just saw this picture online, so it must be possible somehow:
http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/9874/sonj.jpg

YET ANOTHER EDIT: Woo hoo, it is possible to make a child selectable so you can control him or her and change his or her hair & clothes! (Shift and right-click on the child.) But now I'm trying to figure out if you can de-select them too, so I can select another child. Seems like I can only have one active at a time. Hmmm....

An update: I was able to select a child, change her hair and clothes (Finally! She looks like a princess instead of a street urchin boy!!), and then de-select her. To de-select I had to hold down Shift and then do a double-right-click. Hope that helps someone else.

Does this work ONLY if you use the hold-down Shift and double-right click?? Did you have to go through the files and change things before you tried this??

Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:15 am
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

I did the thing mentioned above of changing the commands.ini file -- change the zero to a one. This enables many more cheats. Then when I was in the game I was able to select a child (make her playable) by Shift/Right-Clicking her. When I was done changing her hair and clothes, I played her for a while and then when I wanted her to be an NPC again I had to Shift/Double-Right-Click her. Hope that helps.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:45 pm
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Simstat wrote:
I did the thing mentioned above of changing the commands.ini file -- change the zero to a one. This enables many more cheats. Then when I was in the game I was able to select a child (make her playable) by Shift/Right-Clicking her. When I was done changing her hair and clothes, I played her for a while and then when I wanted her to be an NPC again I had to Shift/Double-Right-Click her. Hope that helps.

Ooh gotcha ;) I don't usually go into the files and changing the game like that, (I'm not tech-savvy!!) but I might give it a try lol

Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:04 am
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

I did everything you have to do to enable the cheat and it does work except I still can't change the kids clothing!!!! I hold down the shift key and press the right mouse key on the child but it doesnt work! I tried pressing shift right key double times and i tried doing shift left click. If anyone knows what i can do plz help!

Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:59 pm
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

It still wouldn't work somewhat, when I change the settings like what you said, it still wouldn't work. I tried typing 'testingcheatsenabled true' and it won't work. And then, I typed 'testingcheatsenabled on'. Just nothing works. Help?

Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:50 am
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

Sabrewulf238 wrote:
I managed to get it working, it's so much more awkward then in the Sims 3. It involves editing a file, but it's nothing too major.

Go to these folders in this order:

Program Files -> Electronic Arts -> The Sims Medieval -> GameData -> Shared -> NonPackaged -> Ini

Now that you're in the "Ini" folder you should see a file called Commands. Open it in notepad (by right clicking and choose to open in notepad.

You'll see this appear in notepad:

; Warning: Editing this file is not supported and could have unpredictable results.
; You might permanently damage your save file and/or game experience. Achievements,
; Ambitions, and Quests might become impossible to complete and the game could
; become stuck. There may be no way to recover. It is recommended that you backup
; your save game before making any changes to this file.

; Enables/disables advanced console cheat codes
[Config]
TestingCheatsEnabled=0

It's important that you only change one thing, change the 0 to a 1 and then save. You'll also have to right click the command file and go to preferences and edit so it's not read only. It's not too difficult but it's a bit cumbersome. You might not need to do this next part but for some reason I wasn't able to save it the first time...so what I did was make a copy of the command file and edit/save it elsewhere. I then deleted the command file and replaced it with the copy. It works in my game now and I can move the sims needs up and down too which is a lifesaver.

It still wouldn't work somewhat, when I change the settings like what you said, it still wouldn't work. I tried typing 'testingcheatsenabled true' and it won't work. And then, I typed 'testingcheatsenabled on'. Just nothing works. Help?

Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:50 am
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

Hi.
I have a problem I go to electronic arts and the sims medieval, but I don't have the next step. I don't have anything called game data, shared, nonpackaged, or Ini.
Help?

Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:44 pm
Just Passing Through
Just Passing Through

Found out I had to make it show hidden files, but its still not working.
When I changed the file it wouldn't save. I made a copy and changed that, but it wouldn't let me replace the file in the folder I need. Help?

Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]