View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:52 am



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 543 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
 Chat Room Mods 

What needs to be fixed reguarding the Chat Room?
Chatroom +Mods 58%  58%  [ 18 ]
Mods 16%  16%  [ 5 ]
Chatroom 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Nothing 19%  19%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 31

 Chat Room Mods 
Author Message
Sims Addict
Sims Addict
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:15 pm
Posts: 153
Location: A dumpster outside KFC
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Post 
boines wrote:
And they can all be solved. I told lazy about 9 ways to solve the raids without kicking us. By just blocking that site from coming to chatroom while keeping everything the same. But we know the outcome they dont want a simple header script to BAN 4chan site instead they like letting 4 chan come into the chat and kick them which they dont know who is who. Reason why I come there mins later kick. So I using another chatroom to get things done. That chatroom could had the sims dev team come like that other site but because it's given a bad name the dev team probly doesn't want anything to do with it because of the things that happen. But we missed out on a great opportunity.
Mods claming lies and this and that. I saw tons of proof so they dont want to be on the same page as snootysims site instead they own the chatroom it seems. Like me and a chat mod had a very long chat somewhere and it went nowhere basically s/he said its there and if they want to abuse we should let them because they are mods. It's theirs BUT they are not paying for it snooty is. Can't wait till phpbb 3 is installed ^^ But that means reg names and no guests can come and no name changing ;(


Oh jeez, it comes back to this -_- . Alright boines, first of all, letting 4Chan into the chat? We don't CONTROL who comes in and out, we just kick whoever we DO NOT want in the chatroom after they come in. The 4Channers have stopped all of the raiding lately. We have had no problems, and no complaints, except from you. But pleasing you is like trying to teach a jellyfish how to skateboard or Soulja Boy how to speak proper english, it just can't be done apparently. I've tried to help you, I even made a post on how to fix the chatroom, but still you are not pleased by it.

I am really tired of this huge fight over IRC/How horrible we mods are and how we don't obey you or whatever/How 4Channers are doing so and so. for once boines, can't you just say ONE good thing about the chatroom/it's mods.... FOR ONCE? Or is that too much for you?

Like I've said, tried of it.

_________________
Insert witty quote here


Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:19 am
Profile
Custom Title
Custom Title
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:38 pm
Posts: 7559
Location: kali
Age: 0
Post 
Read the 2nd to last page. I left it alone but still more complaints.
I told lazy how he can insert code into chatroom.php to block raiders and proxy users and still allow bribble ;P
phpbb3 is going to rule ;)
Quote:
We don't CONTROL who comes in and out, we just kick whoever we DO NOT want in the chatroom after they come in

So you KICK who "you" do not want in the chatroom? Wow that's breaking rules ;P
See you guys own it but not paying for it. It's you do whatever you want and let members complain. I stopped but look back a few pages and you see the problem that I didn't post about til that post ;P
Btw nobody can see that post ;D
Why not SOLVE the problems with solutions so NOBODY has to complain is all we ask for. Instead complaints are here and forum mods can not do anything so it's up to you all to fix the problems.
I was just in there couple hours ago and kick after I said why do mods kick people they dont know. Wow. Shows new members that mods like to kick.

Who cares about irc I told lazy how to NOT use irc and FIX 4chan raids and other problems by putting in code in the header so if they use a proxy it will detect it and tell the user they are under a proxy and must remove it to enter bribble. ;P
He knows who to go to fix this if HE wants to stop raiders, and other problems that we all complained about....

Name something good about the chatroom and let the members decide. So I'm not the only one complaining if you read the past posts k? So dont say it's only "me" because this whole thread is proof and other threads NOT from me ;)
I dont want to be pleased instead the members want the chat to be better so they can do things without getting kicked/banned/etc. You have to talk to them not me.

Lazy phpbb3 will fix tons of problems on both sides forum and chat. Because 2.0 is being kicked out the door meaning time is ticking so to speak. It gives members more options to report things as well as better logging for mods/admins. I dont want to get rid of bribble that's why my option was the EXACT thing as bribble but options for mods/snooty as well as reg name if they wanted it. I talked to most of the reg chat members about their concerns and that's how I came to a solution that gives them what they want and mods and snooty. If another raid comes what happens you just kick everybody again like you KICKED me that time? New members that come in will be like omfg why kick me. And if snooty wants say sims 3 dev team to come in there's no way to control things *this site missed out on it big time* because of the limit and 5 mod limit plus you can not devoice people so the dev team can answer things ;D
Snooty is testing out how to integrate the phpbb3 chatroom into the forum like hookedonspore. It comes with that option. So our names are linked together and outsider raiders can not come in as a guest unless they register. Once they reg we got real true ip.

_________________
Image
Formal Evil Staff Admin


Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:27 am
Profile WWW
Sims Addict
Sims Addict
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:15 pm
Posts: 153
Location: A dumpster outside KFC
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Post 
boines wrote:
Read the 2nd to last page. I left it alone but still more complaints.
I told lazy how he can insert code into chatroom.php to block raiders and proxy users and still allow bribble ;P
phpbb3 is going to rule ;)
Quote:
We don't CONTROL who comes in and out, we just kick whoever we DO NOT want in the chatroom after they come in

So you KICK who "you" do not want in the chatroom? Wow that's breaking rules ;P
See you guys own it but not paying for it. It's you do whatever you want and let members complain. I stopped but look back a few pages and you see the problem that I didn't post about til that post ;P
Btw nobody can see that post ;D
Why not SOLVE the problems with solutions so NOBODY has to complain is all we ask for. Instead complaints are here and forum mods can not do anything so it's up to you all to fix the problems.
I was just in there couple hours ago and kick after I said why do mods kick people they dont know. Wow. Shows new members that mods like to kick.

Who cares about irc I told lazy how to NOT use irc and FIX 4chan raids and other problems by putting in code in the header so if they use a proxy it will detect it and tell the user they are under a proxy and must remove it to enter bribble. ;P
He knows who to go to fix this if HE wants to stop raiders, and other problems that we all complained about....

Name something good about the chatroom and let the members decide. So I'm not the only one complaining if you read the past posts k? So dont say it's only "me" because this whole thread is proof and other threads NOT from me ;)
I dont want to be pleased instead the members want the chat to be better so they can do things without getting kicked/banned/etc. You have to talk to them not me.

Lazy phpbb3 will fix tons of problems on both sides forum and chat. Because 2.0 is being kicked out the door meaning time is ticking so to speak. It gives members more options to report things as well as better logging for mods/admins. I dont want to get rid of bribble that's why my option was the EXACT thing as bribble but options for mods/snooty as well as reg name if they wanted it. I talked to most of the reg chat members about their concerns and that's how I came to a solution that gives them what they want and mods and snooty. If another raid comes what happens you just kick everybody again like you KICKED me that time? New members that come in will be like omfg why kick me. And if snooty wants say sims 3 dev team to come in there's no way to control things *this site missed out on it big time* because of the limit and 5 mod limit plus you can not devoice people so the dev team can answer things ;D
Snooty is testing out how to integrate the phpbb3 chatroom into the forum like hookedonspore. It comes with that option. So our names are linked together and outsider raiders can not come in as a guest unless they register. Once they reg we got real true ip.


Ok first of all, when I said I control who comes in and out of the chat, I meant the mods, and it doesn't exactly mean I kick who I want to, I was talking about rule breakers. There you go again, pulling phrases out of my mouth ;P ;P ;P ;P ;P

Never said we own it, who said that? Probably something you ''assumed'' like you always do. No, we do not own the chatroom for say, but we are left in charge of it every day, and Snooty does not come in it. You say these things because you don't know how it is to be a mod in the chatroom, and from what you've so quaintly told us, you won't ever be one.

Um, ok? The arguments started only when the forumers decided to poke false assumptions at us and then say we are just denying the truth. I, and many other mods, have already admitted that we are not perfect, and never pretended we were. We don't go around complaining of the forum members, and trust me, there's as much to complain about as there is in the chatroom.

Helping people solve their problems? NOONE COMES TO US AND COMPLAINS ABOUT STUFF OTHER THEN YOU. I get PMs of new members who need help and I help them. End of story, the end. But the only ''serious'' cases I get are from you, and you don't tell me in person, you decide to post them on here for all of the world to see. So maybe I COULD help people, if they would come to me and actually ask. ;P ;P ;P ;P

Oh yes, boines, we are kick crazy. There's nothing I like more then to wake up in the morning and say "Hmm, I think I'll go kick someone today!" . Yes, you've SURE, got ME figured out alright.

Something Good About The Chatroom: It's easy to make friends that will last forever, as long as you make conversation.

Ok, your turn! ;P ;P

Also, ENOUGH ABOUT IRC ALREADY. I've already agreed to the damn thing so you would shut up about it.

_________________
Insert witty quote here


Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:34 pm
Profile
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:31 am
Posts: 2156
Age: 0
Post 
Wow, Snooty Sims chat room videos!

FOOT PORN! and other random sentences.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dObg2jC1eo

Snooty Sims Chatroom Being Weird
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvPrr3sgGaE

!. Kit and Selena SNAP .!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GePZ5yRlxy8


Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:36 am
Profile
Custom Title
Custom Title
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:38 pm
Posts: 7559
Location: kali
Age: 0
Post 
http://www.snootysims.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25981
care to explain WHY he got kicked? If not then it was uncalled for.

Quote:
Helping people solve their problems? NOONE COMES TO US AND COMPLAINS ABOUT STUFF OTHER THEN YOU. I get PMs of new members who need help and I help them. End of story, the end. But the only ''serious'' cases I get are from you, and you don't tell me in person, you decide to post them on here for all of the world to see. So maybe I COULD help people, if they would come to me and actually ask. ;P ;P ;P ;P

Read the whole threads I posted and this one as well. It is not just me like that guy jimmy got kicked and therefor complained. Explain please? I tried going in the chatroom to understand remember thos days? But lazy kicked me and you. So please we base our stuff on facts. From members complaining for about a year. And yes 2 mods TOLD ME that you all own it and control it however you see fit to help your needs. Care to explain?
Remember somebody got banned and lazy said to PM mlp but this person cannot because he can not go back into the chat to ASK why he was banned *reason why people post on forum not chat* It's all on the forum. Because people cannot go to you IF banned. How do they? Why not make a guide explaining how they can get a reason why they got banned to pm you but THEY CAN NOT because when they try to go in chat it says BANNED.

btw nice vids to show the "bad" stuff mods do and wont set a standard to help the site out ;(

again btw chatroom started out to "help" simmers when they needed instant help from the beginning with mikeinsider but became a place where people complain alot not just me *see the poll?*
Reason why I moved to another chat and told people that help to use that chat since it's easier then dealing with the one we got ;(
At least you guys kick raiders but then again you also kicked me that time thinking I was a raider causing trouble?
I told snooty to give you all a section to help solve problems and get solutions but from what I hear it's not that lol. But at least I got communication between you mods and snooty. Why didn't you guys ever think of that? It was nice of him. We use ours every hour of every day.

_________________
Image
Formal Evil Staff Admin


Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:57 am
Profile WWW
Sims Addict
Sims Addict
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:15 pm
Posts: 153
Location: A dumpster outside KFC
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Post 
boines wrote:
http://www.snootysims.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25981
care to explain WHY he got kicked? If not then it was uncalled for.

Quote:
Helping people solve their problems? NOONE COMES TO US AND COMPLAINS ABOUT STUFF OTHER THEN YOU. I get PMs of new members who need help and I help them. End of story, the end. But the only ''serious'' cases I get are from you, and you don't tell me in person, you decide to post them on here for all of the world to see. So maybe I COULD help people, if they would come to me and actually ask. ;P ;P ;P ;P

Read the whole threads I posted and this one as well. It is not just me like that guy jimmy got kicked and therefor complained. Explain please? I tried going in the chatroom to understand remember thos days? But lazy kicked me and you. So please we base our stuff on facts. From members complaining for about a year. And yes 2 mods TOLD ME that you all own it and control it however you see fit to help your needs. Care to explain?
Remember somebody got banned and lazy said to PM mlp but this person cannot because he can not go back into the chat to ASK why he was banned *reason why people post on forum not chat* It's all on the forum. Because people cannot go to you IF banned. How do they? Why not make a guide explaining how they can get a reason why they got banned to pm you but THEY CAN NOT because when they try to go in chat it says BANNED.

btw nice vids to show the "bad" stuff mods do and wont set a standard to help the site out ;(

again btw chatroom started out to "help" simmers when they needed instant help from the beginning with mikeinsider but became a place where people complain alot not just me *see the poll?*
Reason why I moved to another chat and told people that help to use that chat since it's easier then dealing with the one we got ;(
At least you guys kick raiders but then again you also kicked me that time thinking I was a raider causing trouble?
I told snooty to give you all a section to help solve problems and get solutions but from what I hear it's not that lol. But at least I got communication between you mods and snooty. Why didn't you guys ever think of that? It was nice of him. We use ours every hour of every day.


Boines, I wasn't even home that day, I was at my aunt's daughter's birthday party and then shopping and didn't get back until late at night. Try to ask some other mod who was actually there.

Care to tell me these two mods? I already know who they are anywas, and they were just angry at me for the moment I guess. We've made up and everything :D . And I am barely even on the chatroom anymore, well, not looking at it anyways. I have 5 different Im windows and about 6 or 7 different tabs open on my internet. My eyes aren't glued to the chatroom the whole time. And before you go off on me about my responsiblities and whatnot, I make sure a mod is already there to monitor it :D .

Um...I'm not MLP. My name on the chatroom is MuffinMutant, and so, no, I do not even remember that, at all. But thanks for that little story ;).

The videos do not show anything ''bad'' about the chatroom, so I don't even know what you are going on about. They were merely jokes ^_^

You hear, eh? From your good puppet Snooty? Wow, how is he? The only time he even talks to me is if I'm on the brink on un-modation. And just so you know, it's being used EXACTLY for what Snooty listed for it to be used. So you can take that little 'lol' back.

_________________
Insert witty quote here


Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:27 am
Profile
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:31 am
Posts: 2156
Age: 0
Post 
I could see what boines meant by the fact the chat room moderators really do own the chat and Snooty just pays for it. They kicked me for now reason because they want to have a fecking mod meeting. Something that could easily be discussed though pms.

Below are a couple of screenshots I took, me and I believe someone else was kicked because we simply didn't want to go to a room that was dead silent. Doesn't this count as abusing authority?

Image

Now for the real kick.

Image

If this makes me a baby for doing what everyone has told me to do whenever a mod abuses authority or breaks the rules. So be it. lulz
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/3753 ... ulzfn8.png


Last edited by Spode on Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.



Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:05 am
Profile
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:36 am
Posts: 2133
Age: 0
Gender: Female
Post 
I can't even get in the chatroom


Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:09 am
Profile
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:20 pm
Posts: 18
Post 
Well, Bumi you should've at least listened to us.

We needed a mod meeting. We needed to talk among the 3 of ourselves because there was a problem going on.

And the thing was, you and Yansi were intruding and interrupting when we needed the room for like...oh I don't know...10 minutes? Really? You couldn't spare us 10 minutes so instead you have to cause us even more drama when we're about to explode and then complain about us? Right. Well, I hope you're happy with yourselves because you put a large smile on all our faces. Especially because now you're causing us more problems.

Basically, we're not abusing our authority. We were asking for one simple thing that was too much to be given. What a shame.

Oh, and by the way, if we get unmodded for this, I hope you're very very satisfied and can die in peace. You deserve it.

_________________
nyah ha ha ^___^


Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:19 am
Profile
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 10:30 pm
Posts: 112
Post 
MLP(musicluvaplyr) wrote:
Well, Bumi you should've at least listened to us.

We needed a mod meeting. We needed to talk among the 3 of ourselves because there was a problem going on.

And the thing was, you and Yansi were intruding and interrupting when we needed the room for like...oh I don't know...10 minutes? Really? You couldn't spare us 10 minutes so instead you have to cause us even more drama when we're about to explode and then complain about us? Right. Well, I hope you're happy with yourselves because you put a large smile on all our faces. Especially because now you're causing us more problems.

Basically, we're not abusing our authority. We were asking for one simple thing that was too much to be given. What a shame.

Oh, and by the way, if we get unmodded for this, I hope you're very very satisfied and can die in peace. You deserve it.


I agree and as for anne....we though you were away...you usually are and BTW bumi 3 people can not talk in 1 pm window and it would be very difficult to talk between two.like MLP said you couldn't spare us 10 min. to talk about a problem that is occuring. I guess not. And We Are NOT abusing our powers. Next time i would leave.

_________________
Dead;


Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:22 am
Profile
Roomie
Roomie
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:40 am
Posts: 73
Post 
Oh my god. You have got to be kidding me.

You sit there and take print screens of us asking you to leave for a few minutes so we could have a mod meeting and discuss recent problems. Wow. That just causes yet another problem for us because now instead of having a meeting we have to come here and clear up why these screenshots are here. Thank you so much. :rolleyes: Can't you people just give us all a break for once?

All we asked was for you and Yansi to please leave for a simple and quick mod meeting. You refused and we even asked please oh I don't know about 100 times because we really needed this meeting but yet you both still refused. We need to have meetings somewhere since we all don't have MSN and you need to learn to respect that. If we need a meeting we need a meeting and it really shouldn't matter if the other room was dead anyways its not like you talk anyways Bumi. Really was a mod meeting just too much to ask from you?


Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:32 am
Profile WWW
Custom Title
Custom Title
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:38 pm
Posts: 7559
Location: kali
Age: 0
Post 
Password protect the room ;)
Does bribble allow this? I Know the other thing does ;D
Or pm the other mods=meeting without them in the way.
Not everybody will listen so you have to go around it and find another way to have meetings like your section of forum ;) We have meetings everyday without members in the way lol

_________________
Image
Formal Evil Staff Admin


Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:40 am
Profile WWW
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:31 am
Posts: 2156
Age: 0
Post 
boines wrote:
Password protect the room ;)
Does bribble allow this? I Know the other thing does ;D
Or pm the other mods=meeting without them in the way.
Not everybody will listen so you have to go around it and find another way to have meetings like your section of forum ;) We have meetings everyday without members in the way lol


I think Bribble does allow this, but that means Snooty needs to pay more.


Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:43 am
Profile
Custom Title
Custom Title
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:38 pm
Posts: 7559
Location: kali
Age: 0
Post 
aww but I like free ;)
:bouncy:

_________________
Image
Formal Evil Staff Admin


Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:44 am
Profile WWW
Roomie
Roomie
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:40 am
Posts: 73
Post 
Yeah wouldn't that be lovely. People actually like both rooms though so thats not really an option. All we can ask politely is for them to leave and most people do, and did, except for two in this case. Only one has a problem with it though... Bumi.

And would you let a new chatroom go already?! GAWD.

Having a meeting in a forum?! It's not instant feedback like we need. Sorry.

Quote:
I think Bribble does allow this, but that means Snooty needs to pay more.

No, it does not allow this. I've been looking into Bribble lately and it's just not an option no matter how much you pay. Plus, what Snooty has and pays for is perfectly fine.


Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:48 am
Profile WWW
Roomie
Roomie
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:40 am
Posts: 73
Post 
Quote:
aww but I like free ;)


Awww... get over yourself. This is 2008 and nothing in this world is free anymore. I'm surprised breathing is still free.


Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:50 am
Profile WWW
Custom Title
Custom Title
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:38 pm
Posts: 7559
Location: kali
Age: 0
Post 
Uh typing is free. Other chatrooms that can be protected are free. Just have meetings in your forum area if you can't in bribble ;)
I'm in the chatroom I setup with somebody and I am not paying a cent lol. I'm using it instead bribble to help people because it's easier then dealing with chat mods ;)
Instead of being defensive help them out and they will help you all out. I'll let you all deal with how to solve this because if it happens again we will see more complaining ;(

_________________
Image
Formal Evil Staff Admin


Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:52 am
Profile WWW
Roomie
Roomie
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:40 am
Posts: 73
Post 
Ooh I forgot about typing. But not really though. Cause the computer it is hooked up to costs money to run. :D

Yes, we will solve this and handle it on our own. We don't even need more complaining and it probably would be a good idea... if you don't want complaining to just lock this old thread up and move on. Please and Thank You! :D


Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:08 am
Profile WWW
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:31 am
Posts: 2156
Age: 0
Post 
Didn't Snooty say that this thread was supposed to be used about discussing the chat room and the mods?


Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:12 am
Profile
Custom Title
Custom Title
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:38 pm
Posts: 7559
Location: kali
Age: 0
Post 
Um we are not allowed to because if members have a problem/concern about the chat room including mods it goes here or they will create tons of topics. (read our rules on duplicate threads)
I just don't like complaining and I'm sure snooty doesn't either. So solve it your way and if more complaining comes back here forum mods can not do anything but try to help. So tell the members what the solution is so they know. They are allowed to be in any room they see fit if they are not then lock/password it or find another way to have meeting like your hidden forum section ;) Nobody bothers us on meetings...
I allready know what snooty told you all. So can you stop with this and help everybody out please? Or people will do more screenshots, etc. Reason why you all need logs.
Quote:
As a moderator, you are an example to all others in the chatroom.

By reading the screenshots that example means they are allowed to do that as well and say thos things.

btw a public pc at a school is free to the user. In my city we are allowed to use open wifi connections as well on our laptops and that's free.

_________________
Image
Formal Evil Staff Admin


Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:12 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 543 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.