View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:40 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 543 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next
 Chat Room Mods 

What needs to be fixed reguarding the Chat Room?
Chatroom +Mods 58%  58%  [ 18 ]
Mods 16%  16%  [ 5 ]
Chatroom 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Nothing 19%  19%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 31

Chat Room Mods 
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Post Chat Room Mods
Alright I am seriously getting angry about the mod leadership we have for the chat room. I just entered room two and for no apparent reason one of the mods (LazyBoy, OctoberEcho, or MuffinMutant) banned for no apparent reason. I was simply chatting and trying to make conversation but they kept kicking me and finally they banned me? Why doesn't the chat room have good moderators like the forums? I never understood this. :angry:

Last edited by Spode on Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 31, 2008 8:28 am
Site Owner
Site Owner

It's hard to get good mods for the Chatroom since there's no real communication place (like a modforum) for the chatmods. Also it's difficult to check their doings. If a moderator of the forum curses to a member, it's there for all to see, but the chatroom does not have a log of this.
For everybody: If you see a moderator do bad stuff, is cursing, etc. make a print-screen of it and send it to me so I can take care of it.

Sat May 31, 2008 10:15 am
Profile WWW
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

It's hard to get good mods for the Chatroom since there's no real communication place (like a modforum) for the chatmods. Also it's difficult to check their doings. If a moderator of the forum curses to a member, it's there for all to see, but the chatroom does not have a log of this.
For everybody: If you see a moderator do bad stuff, is cursing, etc. make a print-screen of it and send it to me so I can take care of it.

I had a bribble forum before, doesn't the chat room have a history in case a mod curse another stuff member out? I wish the forum moderators were in charge. However they probably do not want to. Something in my case, possibly like others before me, it's a bit tricky.

Sat May 31, 2008 10:34 am
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

A few weeks back myself and another person on there were cursing etc, and I got the kicks and said to the moderator that they were biased, and the other person continued to be a pain to me so I responded the same and I got the ban, the other person didn't.

I was also told I would be unbanned in a weeks time, it's been more the a week and I'm still banned.

What's up with that?

Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:40 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

If snooty can put the chatroom into the forum he would but he doesn't like modding the forum. I know in phpbb3 you can have a chat Im session. Remembers the old days with mikes chatroom where everybody was calm and had fun ;)

Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:31 pm
Profile WWW
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

I never knew mikeInside had a chatroom lol!!!

Also Boines, when is Firefox 3 up for download, sounds like a must have, plus I want to get it on download day by the looks of things :)

Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:42 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Ya mike had one long ago and you were around. When me, envy, mike, jj, emily, jasmine, and everybody I left out was in.
ff3? Whats that? XD I know when.
But if snooty can put a chatroom tied to the forum would be better for all but many people do not use the chatroom except for silly stuff. Where when tied to this forum it can have more ineptness.

Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:47 pm
Profile WWW
Site Owner
Site Owner

Chatroom mods can't unban people. Only I can. If you're banned, give me a mail or PM with the username you used and I take care of it.

Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:01 pm
Profile WWW
Simsational Poster
Simsational Poster

Funny thing is I suggested the chatroom to snooty, and get treated like dirt :(

Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:02 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

It's funny why do they ban over really nothing? Every time I go there they say I'll ban you and I just laugh at it because there's no reason to.

Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:15 pm
Profile WWW
Sims Addict
Sims Addict

Wow guys..Just...wow. FreakAboutSims, these are false claims. I mean, I don't even remember this! I hate how people come on here and accuse mods of doing this and that but never really talk to the mod themselves about it. Snooty, no disrespect or anything (because in my opinion, you rock) but seriously,"It's hard to get good mods for the Chatroom". I mean, wow. No, "thank you" for volunteering to moderate your chatroom? Just a complaint of how your mods aren't good enough? I'm sorry, but I just took offense to that. None of your mods have ever been "perfect", but why would you even say that? We do nothing but respect you and we try our hardest to respect the chatroom members, but sometimes we slip. But never have I actually questioned you. I'm sorry if I sound rude, I just found that insulting. Please don't take it the wrong way! :indifferent:

Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:17 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Location: South Park, Colorado. Yes, seriously. I mean it. Don't look at me like that. I'm not lying! You are!
Wow guys..Just...wow. FreakAboutSims, these are false claims. I mean, I don't even remember this! I hate how people come on here and accuse mods of doing this and that but never really talk to the mod themselves about it. Snooty, no disrespect or anything (because in my opinion, you rock) but seriously,"It's hard to get good mods for the Chatroom". I mean, wow. No, "thank you" for volunteering to moderate your chatroom? Just a complaint of how your mods aren't good enough? I'm sorry, but I just took offense to that. None of your mods have ever been "perfect", but why would you even say that? We do nothing but respect you and we try our hardest to respect the chatroom members, but sometimes we slip. But never have I actually questioned you. I'm sorry if I sound rude, I just found that insulting. Please don't take it the wrong way! :indifferent:

Well Muffin... After reading your post about how were 'unfairly judging the chatroom mods' I decided to check it out...

Guess what I found?

You (as in MUFFINMUTANT, as it tells us which of you Mods bans people) banned a person under the persona of 'Clover' after they attempted to defend themselves from other people abusing them. Sure, you banned then for using the 'c' word, but not two lines later one of the other persons within there (BadAzzSelena) wrote the exact same word with no consequences... And after banning the 'Clover' person you wrote '(C) MuffinMutant 2008' as a bragging intention.

So don't go saying you chatroom mods don't deserve the harsh criticism and dislike of some of the forum members when you are acting in a manner which those of us who DO dislike the chatroom mods do not agree with and dislike...

Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:33 am
Profile WWW
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

i was there you weren't he was in the 4 times being annoying and cussing...........you weren't even there all you saw was what Erhama posted so there

Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:40 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Location: South Park, Colorado. Yes, seriously. I mean it. Don't look at me like that. I'm not lying! You are!
i was there you weren't he was in the 4 times being annoying and cussing...you were there........you weren't even there all you saw was what Erhama posted so there

Oh don't even start with me... I'm not going to descend to your level of 'he said, she said', so I'm just not --- Wait... Whats this?

A screen cap? From the chatroom? After 'Clover' got banned?

Gee, how could Erhama have gotten that if he is 'Clover'? I mean, 'Clover' wasn't even logged in... So how could Erhama have gotten in if he is called 'Clover'?

And whats that? AliceIOW? Gee, does that sound like a shortened version of AliceIsOuttaWonderland? Oh look, AliceIOW is signed in...

And looky look, BadAzzSelena was swearing... And there was MuffinMutant as mod... And why wasn't BadAzz banned too? Hmm./..

Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:47 am
Profile WWW
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

if you look at the bottom its him saying selena oh and my case your the one starting with everyone oh and about clover you came in alittle while after he did thoses things and you can't circle stuff :smile:

Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:50 am
Friendly Neighbour
Friendly Neighbour

like wow...how about you come on the chatrom alice and stay on there, u dont kno what the F U C K be happening on there so you cant say who isnt or who is suppose to be banned, how about u stay all day and see what happens, we get mad for a reason not just for the hell of it, how about that, come find out the whole truth for urself

Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:54 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

if you look at the bottom its him saying selena oh and my case your the one starting with everyone oh and about clover you came in alittle while after he did thoses things and you can't circle stuff :smile:

Haha... Umm, the fact that theres a 'scrolling bar' at the side of the chat, and that its at the top, reveals that i was infact there for the remainder of that conversation, that was all I bothered saving pictures of... But if you really want, I can go back and get some more for you...

I'm not starting with 'everyone'... In fact, I'm only adressing this at those of you who are using the chatroom here, but have never bothered to make a forum account. And I can say this, as you have only joined the forum -- Today?! -- shock horror...

'you came in alittle after he did thoses things' --- Where do you draw that conclusion from? I came in a while before that, while you 'lot' were there calling him a 'sand pansy' (racism much? Should that not be enough to get Selena's forum name banned as she posted up a racist picture? I'm sorry, that thought justoccured to me) and telling him to 'get lost', so no I don't think I came in alittle after he did 'thoses' things.

selenabadazz wrote:
like wow...how about you come on the chatrom alice and stay on there, u dont kno what the F U C K be happening on there so you cant say who isnt or who is suppose to be banned, how about u stay all day and see what happens, we get mad for a reason not just for the hell of it, how about that, come find out the whole truth for urself

Did I not just prove that I have infact been in the chatroom?? (And should I point out that not only did you break the swearing rule of the forum within your post, but that you have actually issued a threat which is also against the forum rules.)

And if I did infact take you up on your offer, I'm sure I would find 'Clover' or 'Erhama', if they are the same person, acting in the same way 'he' does on the forums.

Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:02 am
Profile WWW
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:05 am
Friendly Neighbour
Friendly Neighbour

HAter wrote:

Haha... Umm, the fact that theres a 'scrolling bar' at the side of the chat, and that its at the top, reveals that i was infact there for the remainder of that conversation, that was all I bothered saving pictures of... But if you really want, I can go back and get some more for you...

I'm not starting with 'everyone'... In fact, I'm only adressing this at those of you who are using the chatroom here, but have never bothered to make a forum account. And I can say this, as you have only joined the forum -- Today?! -- shock horror...

'you came in alittle after he did thoses things' --- Where do you draw that conclusion from? I came in a while before that, while you 'lot' were there calling him a 'sand pansy' (racism much? Should that not be enough to get Selena's forum name banned as she posted up a racist picture? I'm sorry, that thought justoccured to me) and telling him to 'get lost', so no I don't think I came in alittle after he did 'thoses' things.

selenabadazz wrote:

Did I not just prove that I have infact been in the chatroom?? (And should I point out that not only did you break the swearing rule of the forum within your post, but that you have actually issued a threat which is also against the forum rules.)

And if I did infact take you up on your offer, I'm sure I would find 'Clover' or 'Erhama', if they are the same person, acting in the same way 'he' does on the forums.

no BASTARD, i mean come on and stay on all day, yo ass came in there like one time, u dont kno what goes on on that chatroom, u just trying to bring simple little easy S H I T that you saw that i said, and u gonan use it aganist me,...okay...like whats the point that you trying to make kiddo...i dont undertsand

Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:09 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

AliceIsOuttaWonderland wrote:
HAter wrote:

selenabadazz wrote:

no BASTARD, i mean come on and stay on all day, yo ass came in there like one time, u dont kno what goes on on that chatroom, u just trying to bring simple little easy S H I T that you saw that i said, and u gonan use it aganist me,...okay...like whats the point that you trying to make kiddo...i dont undertsand

Before I answer your question of what my point is, I would like to clarify that I am not a child, so don't call me a 'kiddo'. (Along with the rest of us. Its called 'respect'... Its something we members have for each other) And that I do infact know who my father is, and my parents were married when I was born so please refrain from calling me a 'bastard', savvy?

Now as to what my point is:
1). That racism and racist slurrs are NOT appropriate upon the forum, and would you refrain from those kinds of terms.
2). While your actions within the chatroom may infact be provoked, it does not give you the right to start swearing/abusing/banning/harrasing whomever it is that is provoking you. (Did we swear and use racial slurrs when talking to Erhama, when he basically provoked the whole active forum? No.)
3). When your in the forum, abide by the forum's rules. You signed a contract saying you would follow them when you joined, and within the few hours that you have been a part of the forum membership you have broken several of these.
4). Within a court setting any evidence, no matter how limited or small, of a wrong doing is proof and as such one can be judged and accused accordingly.
5). If what I say was 'simple little easy shit' I would hate to see what isn't as simple.[/i]

Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:20 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 543 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next