View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Stop The Drama! 
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Location: This little place called heaven.....oh God says hi.....
Post Stop The Drama!
What's with all the arguing lately? And all the spamming? This place used to be so friendly and peaceful. We've already lost brit and I'm thinking of doing the same as her if this doesn't improve.

Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:26 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Lately? It's been like this long ago and made me not come here as much. It's one of the reasons why I do other things. I come here off and on and it's getting worse. Where are the mods at that should be taking care of all this before it goes crazy?
nærd is the one that's helping a ton and keeping me informed.
Mods should obey rules and mod first instead of posting a ton. Like i've been doing here and there.
Drama is caused by a few people and then people take part so dont take part of the spamming so hopefully it dies out. I'm just waiting for the next sims to come out where the forum will be all joyful of people asking questions. What I'm good at is helping them...

Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:31 pm
Profile WWW
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Dee
Thank you. A mod who knows that all the issues is not just recently. I love when a mod does not sweep things under the rug.

Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:20 pm
Profile YIM
Beyond Devoted
Beyond Devoted

Location: This little place called heaven.....oh God says hi.....
Yep, theres a few mods who could defiently help....not pointing any fingers though, but naerd has been really helpful!

Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:40 pm
Custom Title
Custom Title

Name: Dee
Yep, theres a few mods who could defiently help....not pointing any fingers though, but naerd has been really helpful!

Well, your better than I for that. cause I would point the fingers. and I have before.

Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:11 pm
Profile YIM
come hither
come hither

I think this forum should be seperated into a pg-13 section and a g section, and the mods can go around yelling at the people in the g section for anything of theirs that is suggestive and the pg-13 one could just be monitored for things like links to bad websites or pictures like stabmixer posted.

Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:22 pm
Hangaround
Hangaround

It's very nice to hear that you guys think I'm doing a good job. Thanks for that! :love: There is however only so much I can do seeing as I've decided not to be a global mod (since I never go to the F&G and Chatterbox anyway), so I guess alot of the negativity and arguing that has been taking place among our regular members (i.e. excluding the trolls) has kind of passed me by. It's sad that some people don't like coming here anymore, and I hope everyone can adjust their attitude and think before they speak. I agree that mods should set a standard and make it a priority to correct those that are out of line. First thing I do when I get here is to see what everyone else has written before I start writing stuff myself. So I hope that mods as well as regular members all will try to make this forum a little more pleasant for everyone. This is a great forum that has existed for many years, so lets keep it that way.

Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:48 pm
The Walrus
The Walrus

Yes, its getting so bad that even I'm debating to continue coming.

Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:53 pm
2 legit 2 quit
2 legit 2 quit

Location: Great spot, are you a thief? Semms like you have a mouth full of gold teeth!
Lately? It's been like this long ago and made me not come here as much. It's one of the reasons why I do other things. I come here off and on and it's getting worse. Where are the mods at that should be taking care of all this before it goes crazy?
nærd is the one that's helping a ton and keeping me informed.
Mods should obey rules and mod first instead of posting a ton. Like i've been doing here and there.
Drama is caused by a few people and then people take part so dont take part of the spamming so hopefully it dies out. I'm just waiting for the next sims to come out where the forum will be all joyful of people asking questions. What I'm good at is helping them...

Thats really true, people thought this was just happening. Certain mods just like to play around with their friends instead of doing their jobs. People need to understand this is not a place to tell people about your sexual fantasies, this site has been good with out them for a very long time. If anyone wants to leave, I hope the right people do.

Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:09 pm
Sim God
Sim God

Name: Tom
Thats really true, people thought this was just happening. Certain mods just like to play around with their friends instead of doing their jobs. People need to understand this is not a place to tell people about your sexual fantasies, this site has been good with out them for a very long time. If anyone wants to leave, I hope the right people do.

You know, the sheer ridiculousness of this place had pretty much provoked me into phasing SS out for good, but I think I'll just stick around thanks to that last comment. Even I don't usually wish members I can't stand would leave, this place thrives with diversity, not mob rule. And you know what people "need to understand"? Saying the same thing over and over again like it's some kind of inherent truth that we should all obey is not a valid argument, it's just spamming... incredibly provocative spamming which has started fights, too, which I'm sure isn't a very rule-abiding thing to do. (On a related note, I also see a lot of saying it like it's something all the members secretly think but don't want to admit... I'd like to see an end to that, seeing as it's been made perfectly clear what the majority think.)

What you seem to define as this forum's decline I've seen as this forum's peak. I don't understand where you're coming from. All the active members were happy and getting along just fine until this neverending bickering started up. I don't think a few members driving everyone out to get a moral high ground over stuff that shouldn't matter to anyone makes for a good forum, it'd be an inane drag.

And I was doing just fine as a moderator (not lately except for urgent stuff, like the troll-spam, but that's an intentional thing to make an unrelated point). You don't seem to be able to differentiate between "having fun" and "avoiding doing my job solely to have fun". I'm not going to fly in the face of common sense and sterilise the whole forum's discussion over someone else's morals that I don't agree with. I'd have to at least be given good reasons why it is detrimental to the forum, because I think I've made it clear by now that I'm not just going to take it as a given and mindlessly obey no matter how persistantly it's repeated. While I don't always agree with her decisions and she probably doesn't agree with a lot of what I've said, I think nærd's attitude is admirable i.e. having the priority of keeping a happy forum, not being a cold Nazi on a moralistic ego trip.

Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:29 pm
The Walrus
The Walrus

Even me? Wow. I do have to admit half the reason I come is because of the great people here, and if they left I'd feel inclined to also. Brit leaving really affected and shocked me.

Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:07 am
Hangaround
Hangaround

I think we all can agree that we need one mod,As of Brit's leaving,I think that I,Stabmixer,Fraty,Bhaltazar & Adolf Hitler are the cause of the Drama,Stabmixer by his posts,Bhaltazar by his lies,Adolf Hitler by his lies as well & Fraty and I by our wars,The YouTube & HSM3 threads.

Well what should we do now to stop the Drama,& to keep members in?

I'm one of the members who keeps coming all for the sake of friends,Cause I love you all,As friends,Even the people I hate,Except for Adolf,Bhaltazar & Stabmixer as they are trolls and one person the same.

This is good. If you acknowledge that you are part of the problem, you can also be a part of the solution. Snaps for you! (Bad Legally Blonde referance there... :spin: )

Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:08 am
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Name: Erhama
Roleplay: Roxlar Trein
Thanks naerd,I might just keep out of Fraty's way and just not respond to her,I will try,And keep away causing the problems and drama,I accidentally wrote data,XD.

Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:16 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Well,What's wrong with Snooty,Why hasn't he been online these days?

Do you think somethings bad happened to him,Like a car crash(If he can drive) or a disease has caught him and he's in the hospital or something?

Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:20 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Hangaround
Hangaround

Only reason the troll got so visible is because of my limited mod capacities. I deleted lots of troll posts, but couldn't get to them in certain areas, so they were left up for several hours before another mod got on. And it wasn't all me, we all took turns when we were on at different times. Only reason the other mods think I did more is because I had to alert them about the problem since I couldn't deal with it myself. You should see the mod board, it's full of my PLEASE DELETE posts. :D

Zanessa Boy wrote:
Well,What's wrong with Snooty,Why hasn't he been online these days?

Snooty's been on. He never posts much, but he's been on. Banning people and stuff.

Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:21 am
Historia Crux
Historia Crux

Hmm,I don't notice him that much these days.

Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:23 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Hangaround
Hangaround

I've been keeping a close eye on who's logged on at all times (when I'm here that is) so I've seen him when he's been here. Plus we've been emailing so he knows what's been going on.

Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:26 am
come hither
come hither

Well, I agree with bonky. I thout this forum was at its peak just before certain members decided to stand up and make their morals turn into the "new rules for the forum."
Ok maybe not its peak, but it was definatly starting to get to a good position since the days of the depression. Then all this bickering and complaining about how the forum should be run took us downhill and made certain members leave.
What i don't get is that this is a TEEN rated game, so why should a forum over it be rated any less than that?

Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:00 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

Thanks naerd,I might just keep out of Fraty's way and just not respond to her,I will try,And keep away causing the problems and drama,I accidentally wrote data,XD.

Like I said before, and to brit via PM. I am no longer going to ever argue or fight with you again. Brit's leaving made me realize how much we're ruining this place with all the fights/spamming (those who spam know who you are...), and I will admit, I was part of the reason....because of my fights with Erhama. I will learn to tolerate him, in fact I have learned to tolerate him.

So, let's all just...try to be friends and not argue anymore...because frankly, we're just ruining this place....

Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:29 am
Sim Goddess
Sim Goddess

So boines let me get this straight, you're telling us off for not doing our job when you haven't even done anything yourself over the fights? Now I don't want to come out like I'm bagging you out here, all I'm saying is there are areas you can improve in too: communicating with us as a team about problems for example, that's what the mod forum is for, I can't get your view on things if you only have one-on-one conversations with nærd and not the rest of us.
And if any mod should be in the position to judge us, it would be nærd.

Now yes I agree that I need to do my job alot more efficiantly since I have become a bit more slack over things lately (double topics for instance) it's just that I don't have as much time as I used to. But yes I know that shouldn't be an excuse so I do promise I will persevere to do a lot more than I have done.
The reason why I haven't been locking the sexual related threads is because this is an issue we haven't come to agreements with so I'm at a loss on what to do until snooty agrees whether or not they should stay. As for the fights (not the minor ones but ones with lots of tension like fraty's and ehrama's) I've felt that locking the threads wouldn't even resolve the issue between the two (which it has now) and only create more tension. But for future arguments, yes I'll try to be a bit stricter on them.

Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next